16

*im very upset the gifs aren't working STILL but one will be edited in!*

"No. Clay." Maddie says seriously and slowly walks down the side of the steps holding onto the railing as Bryce follows her. "What fuck are you two doing?" Bryce asks coming down to the platform and Maddie quickly hops down and goes to Justin and he puts his arm out protectively keeping her behind him. "Just hold on." He says, his voice stern. He was keeping Clay safe but the hardness in his voice came from seeing Maddie force her way out of Bryce's house. "He's just going to keep doing it. We have to stop it." Clay says in a small lost voice and Maddie grasps Justin's arm with wide eyes. "Not like this." Justin says holding one arm out to Clay and he brings his other to hold Maddie's hand. "I'm calling the cops." Bryce says seriously and Maddie turns shaking her head but Justin beats her to speaking. "Just shut the fuck up, and hold on, Bryce!" Justin shouts looking at Bryce with dark eyes as his body faces Clay. "It's never gonna get any better. You were right to run away." Maddie frowns with sad scared eyes while she listens to Clay.

"No, I wasn't. That's why you came and got me, remember? For Maddie, for Jess, for Hannah."

"Hannah wants him dead."

"No, I don't think she does." He says timidly letting go of Maddie's hand so he can take a step forward to Clay. "I don't think she wants to keep seeing people get hurt. I don't, okay?" Justin asks as he puts his hand out, trying to slowly pace himself as he reaches for the gun.

Clay was breathing heavily and Maddie forced herself to keep her eyes on the scene in front of her as Justin grabs the gun from him and Clay looks like he's in so much pain and grief. "This is fucking ridiculous." Bryce says and walks away. "Bryce-" Maddie gets cut off by the sound of the gun being cocked and she looks back to Justin with wide eyes. "You're gonna go back inside and you're gonna pour yourself another glass of whiskey, and you're gonna forget we were ever here, any of us. Got it?" Justin asks his eyes trained on the lifeless looking Clay.

Justin walks Clay to the car and then looks to Maddie and nods to her car, he wanted to walk her to it. "I heard they just filed for another additional witness. That wouldn't be you by any chance, would it?" Bryce asks as Justin shuts the door for Clay and puts his arm lightly on the bottom of Maddie's back as reassurance for the both of them. Justin doesn't say a word as he leads Maddie to her car and opens the door for her, but before she can slip in Bryce speaks again. "You should be more scared than you are, Justin." Justin looks to Maddie and nods as he helps her into the car. "Bryce." He says standing up with his hand on Maddie's door. "The only thing I have left to loose is this girl." He says both their eyes going to the small girl in the drivers seat. "And nobodies taking her from me, I'd die before I let that happen." He says his eyes stern though his face shows pain. "That makes me the dangerous one." He says as he shuts her door for her and then goes to Clay's car.

Early into the morning Maddie was dressed in yet another nice court day outfit. She was going to be there for Justin, but her mind was so fogged from everything going on she couldn't focus. Quickly she ran to Zach, she knew he'd be visiting Alex soon so she needed to talk to him, now. "Zach!" She says running down the hall, her straightened hair flowing out behind her shoulders. "Hey, sorry I gotta-" She stops him.

"Zach I need my pictures." She says looking to her brother and he shakes his head. "What pictures?" He asks and Maddie furrows her brows, what did he mean what pictures? "The ones from the Clubhouse." Maddie says seriously and he shakes his head as he slips on his shoes. "Maddie, I don't have them I gave you guys the box." She shakes her head now. "What do you mean, they said they didn't find them." Maddie says unsure and Zach opens the door. "Maddie, I'm sorry, but I don't know." He says and leaves quickly and Maddie sighs running back to her room looking around, who would even want them? She knew they weren't in her room, but it didn't take long for her to yell and push stuff off her desk and out of her closet shelves with tears in her eyes. "Fuck!" She screams as tears fill her eyes while kicking at the box of Justin's stuff which now contained his postcards as well as her letters. Frowning she realizes which box she had kicked and covers her mouth going down to the ground to make sure nothing had been broken. "No." She says her voice small when she realizes she had managed to rip one of the post cards.