22

Maddie laid facing her ceiling, once again making shapes out of the random marks on it, she sighed looking over to her nightstand

Maddie laid facing her ceiling, once again making shapes out of the random marks on it, she sighed looking over to her nightstand. The headphones and walkmen came into view, she sat up keeping her eyes trained on the objects she was beginning to hate, one more tape wouldn't hurt right? She asked herself and nodded as if she were having an actual conversation, when she turned reaching for the objects she heard a few chuckles coming from outside her door. She rolled her eyes and got up going to the door, "If you're going to spy on me at least do it-" She was speaking before she made it to her door but by the time she got her door open she was met with a bucket of water and orbeez being dumped overtop her head. Everyone started laughing as her expression and now soaked clothes, "You did not!" Maddie sheirked as she tiptoed out of the puddle of water that was now in her room and doorway. "Oh but we did." Monty taunted towards the damp girl only making her smirk. "Oh it's on." She said without giving anyone a warning she ran to the kitchen grabbing a stack of cups and two large bowls, that were used for mixing, then started on her run out the door. She quickly made her way out of the house with a smile on her face, she began to forget about any negative feelings she was having less than three minutes ago, she quickly turned around with the hose in hand when she heard the door open again.

Jessica was the one to walk out, they said to look up at the window." Jessica said pointing up to the window of the kitchen which was placed above her. "If I look up and get hit with a water balloon nobodies safe." Maddie stated slowly before looking up and smiling toward Monty and Zach while they had their heads out the window. "Here's the rules, girls against guys, you can't come inside but we can come out, don't get the water inside and no hitting." Zach said while looking at his sister who nodded to everything. "I'm down." She said looking to Jessica for her approvale who simply smiled and nodded, Zach and Monty took their head out of the window and began to shut it but not before Monty shouted a 'good luck' too Monty.

Jessica and Maddie had three cups and two bowls filled with ice cold water and they hid the cups around the yeard so if they ran out of water while chasing the guys they would have it, and each of them held their bowls. "I'll take the front door you take the back, if either of us yell for the other we meet at the basement door." Maddie said making a game plan having her largly competitive side come out. "Okay." Jessica said nodding while laughing and they began to walk seperate ways until the window opened. "Also when youre hit with water you're out!" Bryce's voice shouted out the window and then it was shut.

Before ten minutes were up everyone was cold, shivering, and damped by pounds of water that had been thrown at them, except for the last two remaining player, Maddie and Justin. Justin stood at the door way of the basement with a cup of water and Maddie stood at the top of the basement stairway with her large bowl which she had refilled just for him. "My god Justin just accept your faint as a loser bro!" Zach shouted down to the boy would was staying in his spot since they weren't allowed to have water fights in their house, they had all learned that the hard way. "Hell no! That's fucking freezing!" Justin shouted out to them and Maddie rolled her eyes holding the bowl between her arm and hip.

"Oh come on you're so tough! You think you're a man? Show me how a man would handle this!" Maddie shouted down, anytime she wanted Justin to do something she would simply use that as her first picked card, since it normally always worked. And luckily, it did this time too, before two seconds were up Justin was up two stairs and a heavy amount of water was dumped onto his head. Justin stood still for a few seconds with his head hung letting the water droplets fall from his hair with his eyes closed tightly while everyone else laughed, Maddie and Bryce laughing the hardest. Justin slowly lifted his head up with her eyes open and Maddie instantly understood the glint in his eyes and she was the first to run. "Run!" Zach yelled running faster than Maddie and pushing her back and everyone followed suit, Monty was the last one to push Maddie back and he pushed her right into Justins chest. The laughter filled air was now filled with twice as much laugher and a squeal from the recently dried Maddie. "I just got dry!" Maddie screamed while kicking her legs in the air and pulling at her boyfriends arms which were looped around her stomach. "Yeah yeah!" Justin shouts while laughing.

Maddie sat on the couch with her head resting on Justins chest, she was tired and cuddled up under a blanket with fresh and warm clothes though sadly her hair was still wet and slightly dripping. Everyone else was playing video games or waiting for their turn to get the remote. "I love you." Justin whispered as he kissed the top of Maddies head, this caused a warm hearted smile to cross her face and she tightened her hold on his sides. "I love you too." She whispered just the same and placed a small kiss on his chest.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Hey! So I know it's not that long and nothing really important really happened but I felt as if I should show how close her relationship is with a lot of these people, and show how strong hers and Justins relationship is. Also I'm thinking for the next chapter it's going to be a flashback, but not like a huge flashback. Just on back when Justin and Hannah was a thing, this way you can see how she handled it, or how she fought back against it, and it shows you how her and Hannah really stood with each other at the beginning instead of doing it on the chapter of her tape because if I did then there would be several chapters just for her tape along.

{12.3.18}