27

Maddie stayed in her room the rest of the weekend, she locked her bedroom door and refused to open it for anyone

Maddie stayed in her room the rest of the weekend, she locked her bedroom door and refused to open it for anyone. She slept most of the time, the emotions floating around in her head made her exhausted so it was easy, but when it turned night Maddie would sneak out to the kitchen to take some food into her room so she wouldn't have to do it in the morning and risk having to talk to any of the three other members who lived in the house. But today is Monday, that meant no matter how hard she tried to avoid it she would at least have to see Zach but to make sure it was as little time as she could make it she packed her bag last night and decided she wouldn't leave her room till Zach was leaving, then the siblings would only need to see each other during the ride. Maddie sighed when she heard knocking at her door showing that Zach was up and ready to go, he only knocked once and Maddie didn't bother to let him know she heard him. While Maddie was busy grabbing her bags Zach went out to the car to open up not only the backseat door for their bags but also Maddies front seat door, though he didn't wait by it he got into the drivers seat knowing that either way he wouldn't get a thank you and he didn't even want one.

The siblings were sitting in the car surrounded in silence until they came to a red light that seemed to be lasting longer than it should have and Zach seemed to think this was some type of sign. "Maddie I-"
"Listen, Zach, I actually don't want to talk about this, about anything right now okay? Not only am I still trying to cope with my tape and what Hannah thought of me, but also the fact that everyone before me, and after me is gonna know my business, but I still have more to listen too, and I have so much other stuff and I actually thought you were someone I could go to but no! You would rather have me hopped up on meds so I'm not actually me, do you understand how much that hurts me Zach you're supposed to be my brother, and you are my brother but you're not acting like it and apperently you haven't been acting like it for some time now since you were helping her shove pills down my throat." When Maddie sighed and leaned back in her seat she immeditally felt bad, Zach wasn't trying to hurt her and she knew that and she was being dramatic, or at least she felt she was, but for some reason she couldn't just drop this.
"Mads, I get it and I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you and I wasn't there for you but I thought it was for the best, listen after school today can we just talk everything out because I don't think now is the right time." Maddie nodded as they pulled into the school parking lot and she sighed.

--
I was asked to do a time jump to where Clay recieves the tapes and I agree but before I do this there are a few things I need to cover so please read this completely through. So obvioulsy with their tapes being back to back there isn't a lot of time to skip but there are a few events. Obvioulsy when Maddie listened to Bryces tape she quickly went to Jessica knowing she had already heard them, Justin since he had a large involvement in them (his place in thei event/s never changed other than the fact that instead of dating Jessica he was dating Maddie) and then she went to Zach all three of them told her that nothing happened and denied the whole situation the way they did throughout the show though Maddie doesn't shake her worriedness due to the fact that she remembers how Zach and Justin kept trying to keep her away from Bryce. (It happens a lot in the beginning of my story I believe even in the first up to date chapter.)
Zach and Maddie have now cleared the air and they are back to being the close knit siblings we have come to love (hopefully) as well as May though her relationship with their mother in kind of on the fence, tell me how you guys want to see that play out please!
Also keep not that 1.) even though Justin is dating and was Maddies best friend doesn't mean that he knew everything about her I.E some small events throughout her life before the adoption and other dating/ 'sexual' partners.
2.) Clay and Maddie were never close even though they did hang out when they both were with Hannah.
Guys I would love it if you could please tell me a few other friendships you would like to see played out in this story and other events you would like!
--

"Guys I feel bad for him, he really loved her." Maddie said from the backseat of the car as they drove from Clay Jensens house. "Maddie you know we had to do it, he has a right to the tape the same as us." Zach says though his white knuckled grip on the steering wheel set Maddie in a state of unease. "Maybe we should sit down and talk to him? I just I feel bad leaving the poor kid alone, it's gonna distory him." Maddie felt sick to her stomach and couldn't shake the feeling of unease as they drove home.

It was the next day at school after Maddie and the boys left Clay the tapes, she kept looking for him, even talked to Tony which she agreed she would do more, but for some reason the one time she wanted to fine him, she couldn't. Not until lunch anways. It was just like any lunch, Maddie sat silently listening to all the boys talk while she and Jessica made small talk or she talked to Justin, but Clay caught her eye as soon as he walked in upset and chest puffed. "What the hell Tony?" Maddie could hear his voice as he sat down with Tony and Maddie left the table, unluckily the boys didn't give it a second thought as she made her way to the other side of the lunch room to listen to the conversation.
"Hey Clay." Still seeming upset as Tony put his book down he spoke again. "What's the deal? How do you fit in all of this?" Come to think of it Maddie slightly wondered the same thing but never questioned it, the amount of times that boy saved her and the amount of times she saved him? She owned it to him to not ask. "I'm not on the tapes if that's what you're asking." Maddie nodded her head at the boy who met her eyes, he was handling it so well even though the questions starting pouring in such as if he had helped her do it. That's when Maddie had to walk away, she was going to say something and she didn't want to say something to hurt Clay even further.

Even though she was heading back to her table she was stopped before she even made it half way, stopped by a hand placed on the small of her back she went to slam her elbow back into the persons ribs but luckily Tony was a quick person. "We gotta talk." Maddie nodded and left with him, her tabel still didn't notice but the table that did was the one that held the one and only Clay Jensen. "You have to stop hanging out with them Maddie, you're gonna get yourself hurt." Maddie shook her head. "Tony, stop I love you to death and I'll stand by your side forever, even if it's with Clay but those people are my family too." Maddie sadly shook her head as she walked away and Tony did the same, but one thing was different now, they knew they had each others backs.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Okay, so sorry about the longish slight authors note in the middle but you will need that info for other parts of the story, also I promise to start updating more since I am out of school and in summer, even though I do have several plans I still have more hours to write so hoepfully not all of you dropped this book, plz comment and/or message me any requests and ideas and they will most likely be used, also how do you think the scene with Jessica and Justin is gonna play out now?
Or how abt Justin leaving? Why and how do you think it'll happen since he's not with Jessica?
I wanted to thank you guys for the constant support on this book and like I said there will be several more updates because I do have ideas for this book but my end of the school year schedule was not promoting ,my writing lmao.

{6.10.19}