26

Maddie stayed in her room after hearing the tape, she had asked Zach to leave and even though he objected after he seen Maddie started to get frustrated with him he left with a sigh but stayed in the living room so he could hear her easily

Maddie stayed in her room after hearing the tape, she had asked Zach to leave and even though he objected after he seen Maddie started to get frustrated with him he left with a sigh but stayed in the living room so he could hear her easily. Maddie sat on the floor of her room with her head in her hands, she didn't know what to know, anyone who heard those tapes would thinks she's a terrible person and to Madison she did nothing wrong and Hannah was twisting the truth. "I don't know what to do." Maddie whispered as she slid her head out of her hands with a sniffle. She wasn't sure if she believed in god, and most of the time she was pretty sure she didn't, but it was easier to believe she was talking to someone who was listening rather than to cold air.

"Please tell me what to do, Hannah died thinking I was a terrible person, my mom didn't want me, my sister hates me, everyone thinks I want their pity and they don't even know half of my story. Please, please give me something to believe." Maddie was struggling to breathe at this point and Zach was on the opposite side of the door. "I can't-I cant keep doing this. I don't fit in but I can't leave I can't-" then it was silence. Zach opened her bedroom door to see Maddie facing the door with a look of pain on her face and her chest was rising and falling to fast. "Maddie. Mads, are you okay?" Zach was panicking as he looked at his sister, was she is shock again? "Madison!" Zach was still trying to figure out what was happening with his sister when the front door opened due to his other little sister. "Zach what's going on-" May was cut off when she gasped seeing her strong older sister in such a painful state. "Stay with her I'm calling an ambulance." Zach said to her as he ran for the phone.

Maddie woke up to a white ceiling and bright lights in her face. She winced as she sat up and made eye contact with her brother and he sighed with a small smile. "Ah, she's up." The female doctor said with a smile while looking at Maddie. Maddie's face felt stick and strained as if she couldn't move it from the position she was in. "What's going on?" Maddie slowly sat up to see Zach and May sitting in two separate chairs that were lined up along her room. "I believe you just had a panic attack." Maddie quickly shook her head. "I grew up with panic attacks none of them were like that."
"That doesn't mean that this wasn't one. Plenty of them get worse, we had one man come in believing he was having a heart attack and dying but it was just a mild panic attack."
Maddie nodded her head taking in the words.
"Now looking back at your recorders you have several medications?" The doctor asked Maddie and she shook her head.
"No, I mean I did but now I'm simply taking one medication. I don't know what it's called though, it's supposed to help me with bing addicted to thing though because of my birth mother." In his chair Zach was praying that the doctor wouldn't give his mothers lies away.

"Oh, we don't have any medication like that on your list." Both the doctor and Maddie were confused. "What color is he pill?" He asked.
"Purple." And the doctor shook his head. "The only purple pill we have out for you is a memory blockage or memory restraint pill." Maddie's eyes went to Zach who was just sitting there looking at Zach with a look that let Maddie know he knew about the pills.

After being released the car ride home was silent other than the slight conversation made with May and Maddie. "Mommy's home!" May said happily as she jumped out of the car to see her mother on the porch giving all of her children a pointed look. "Where were you and why didn't you leave a note?" Karen asked. "I had to take Maddie to the hospital." After that Karen's eyes went to Maddie. "You never told me that the medication I was taking was to forget about my past." Maddie's words weren't thought about it chosen, they just left her mouth.

"Madison, it wasn't for that. It was so you don't have to go through something that is that traumatic all over again everyday." Karen spoke with a certain tone in her voice but Maddie didn't stop talking and Zach simply took May to the side since she didn't want to leave her sister.

"My name is Maddie and you should have told me before making me take those pills. I took those pills because I though they were going to help me. Because I thought you want to help me. But I guess I was wrong because you just want me to be your perfectly molded daughter." At this point Maddie's voice was raising in tone but shaking and her eyes glasses over.

"And you want stand there and say any different. You didn't want to let me relive my past but you make me do it all the time by calling me Madison and telling always threatening how my time here is temporary. I can't be your perfect daughter when you basically act like I'm not your daughter." Maddie took in a shaky breath while a tear left her eye and May grabbed ahold of Zach's hand as she watched her older sister cry in front of her for the second time in that day.

"You do the same to Zach and May. That's why they're in sports. That's why they have to do the best they can do, try their hardest, wear the best clothes and if they're not the way you want them to be you're done. Well this time I'm done." And without saying a word Maddie walked up the stairs and in side heading towards her room ignoring her brothers calls as she wiped her eyes her chest shaking as she held in a sob.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Thank you all for being so patient I'm so sorry for how late this chapter is and how poorly written it is. Hopefully I'll have a better one up soon. I've just been really busy and I know that's not what you want to here. It it's true. I have nationals coming up but I believe I should be less busy after this week so I should have time to write from Monday to Thursday and then I get to go to Florida and Disney for the first time ever!!

4.19.19