44

A couple days past from the last time Maddie seen Justin, or anyone outside of her family for that matter, her mother thought it best to stay home and considering everything, Maddie did

A couple days past from the last time Maddie seen Justin, or anyone outside of her family for that matter, her mother thought it best to stay home and considering everything, Maddie did. She did her work at home and gave it to her brother to turn in so her grades stayed managed and to be honest she felt a lot better. She hadn't had to talk to Bryce, or really even thought about him, she didn't have to talk to Clay, of course she'd talked to Monty and Justin over the phone but she hadn't even seen them. And even though they were her best friends, and biggest supporters it still made her life seem a lot easier because when she was with them recently it just seemed like drama filled the air rather than last year where it was laughter that filled the air instead. Of course she missed her friends, she loved them but she had just been going through a lot and taking a few days off was exactly what she needed. Maddie even got the chance to speak with Karen about her mother and sister calling her, which was another thing that Maddie really needed and appreciated the help when dealing with it, technically nothing was done but just knowing that her mother was making a plan for the situation really helped her.

But while Maddie was taking some much needed time for himself Justin was taking most of his time to hide in his room from his mother and her boyfriend, but sadly he had to come out at the end of the day when food was needed. Justin hating talking to them, well he loved his mother but talking to her while Seth around was different. He sighed while walking into the living-room where the couple lounged on the couch watching a show. "So, are there any dinner plans happening.. or?" Justin trailed off and the couple lifted their eyes from the T.V. to the teenage boy in the house. "Good idea, get me a beer." Before Justin could respond Justins mother spoke up. "If you're hungry, babe, I'll give you a twenty you can go get us a pizza." She says her tone showing him just how strung out she was.

"We could have an actual delivery boy come and bring it." He says walking forward slightly in front of the T.V. while talking to his mother. She sighed before speaking again. "They cut my cell phone service off again." Justin sighed but looked over to where Seth was sitting and scoffed. "The fuck. Get your dirty ass feet off my notebook, man." Justin says upset seeing Seth resting his feet on his binder and notebook which he used for school. "What, you mean this notebook?" Seth asked annoyed as he began rubbing his feet over the binder and notebook messing up the pages. Justin rolled his eyes and went to push his binder out from under his feet but instead hits Seth's feet making him quickly stand up and get into Justin's space. "Don't you ever touch me." He says his voice tight before Justin responds just as upset. "Get the fuck out of my house."

"It's not your house."

"You think it's yours?"

"You pay rent?"

"Do you?"

Justin's mother sighs while standing up off the couch. "Jesus you're like two little boys. Put your dicks away." She says annoyed by the confrontation. "I want him out of here." Justin says upset turning to his mother who simply lifts her chin up to the ceiling acting as if she hadn't heard her son. "Either he goes or I go." Justin says pointing to himself upset. The room goes silent for a moment before she turns to Seth. "I'll get you a beer." She says getting up and walking towards the kitchen. Taking the moment Seth moves forward looking at the teenager in the eye. "Don't fuck with me kid." Justin scoffs and walks away not enjoying the smell radiating off of his breath.