1

*Five Months Later*

*Five Months Later*

Maddie sighed as she walked inside, tired from a long day of school and practice. "Hey Mads how was practice?" Zach asks while tossing a baseball gently with May on the couch. "Really good actually, but we're trying to get this new trick for one of the stands we're going to perform and it's pretty difficult, Autumn almost fell from the top." Maddie explained while slipping off her shoes. "Why aren't you on the top?" May asks confused looking over to her sister as she sits down beside May. "Well I'm going to be in front, Rocky and Maddison are going to hold me in a split in the air and I'm going to move while they move acting like I'm controlling them." Maddie explains and May nods in excitement thinking about the trick making the two older sibling laugh lightly. "Oh, Maddie, Mom wants to talk to us before dinner." Zach says and Maddie nods as she gets up looking to the counter which was full of ingredients for salad and spaghetti.

"Looks like we better go now then, we'll be back." Maddie says looking May as she walks down the hall with Zach to the master bedroom which Mrs. Dempsey occupied. "Maddie, you're home." Karen smiles to her child as she sits up in her bed and nods seeing her son come in as well. "I am, I also heard you wanted to talk to us?" Maddie asks scrunching her eyebrows slightly while coming forward to sit on the edge of the bed between Zach and her mom.

"Uhm, yes, I'm afraid I have some news." She says folding her hands in her lap making the teens look to her face confused waiting for her to elaborate. "Well, I guess the Bakers canceled on the deal they were offered so the trail with continue."

Listening to the news both Zach and Maddie look to each other with wide eyes, they both thought this was behind them. They thought Hannah was behind them. "Uhm, do you know when?" Maddie asks, they both knew they were most likely on the witness list, and Maddie for one was not excited but she also knew sometimes trial took years to get started, maybe she'd have time to get prepared. "The trial will start to tomorrow." Maddie let out a breath and Zach brushed her hand over his face. "Do we-" Karen quickly cut off her son trying to get the pair some sort of comfort.

"No, neither of you will be on trail tomorrow.." The siblings nodded and walked out of the bedroom dazed, both going to Zach's room.

"Are you kidding me?" Zach asked upset. "We have enough going on and they have to bring this back? The school is not the reason she killed herself, it was Bryce, if anyone should be on trial it should be him and Mr. Porter, they're the ones that messed her up." Maddie stared up at her brother, he was mad. And he had every right to be. He cared about Hannah, a lot more than most and he gets put on trail for taking a couple of letters?

"I mean, seriously? Alex is just starting to get better, and him and Jess are just coming back to school and they're going to add this onto them?" Zach asks upset, this was going to hurt a lot. So many people have been rebuilding within the past five months. Zach was a kinder and braver person, Alex was getting stronger, Jess was coming to terms with what happened to her, Maddie was moving on, and even Clay got into a relationship.