(6) Stories of the past -1-

A memory flooded your mind as you slept, the scene being foggy and muffled. It was almost as if you where watching the memory unfold from a fishbowl or glass cage, everything being slightly distorted. You saw two blurs, one a dark grey while the other pale white, side by side, The grey one of them being aproached from the front by what looked like truck headlights. Before they could collide, however, the white one intervened. It pushed the grey one out of the way, getting hit by the truck instead.
Everything faded to black...

...

You softly mumbled as you shifted in your spot, waking up from what felt like a nightmare. You let your eyes flutter open, coming face to face with the same room you've dreaded. It's still no dream, this school, the students, your imprisonment. It's all still real. You sighed through your nose, shutting your eyes While letting your head rest back against your pillow... Strange, you don't remember your pillow being this large, or this warm... Wait, is it moving?

"... Morning."
Your eyes shot back open at the familiar voice, the shock causing you to jolt slightly. You say up, revealing that you in fact wheren't sleeping against a pillow, but rather Mondo's chest. You felt your face grow warm at this conclusion, realizing that he must have stayed with you after you passed out from crying. The biker was eying your room, studying the walls and items that decorated it. You sighed, rubbing your eyes. "You stayed with me all night last night, didn't you?" The moment the words leave your mouth, his face is cherry red. He quickly sits up, eyes slowly shifting around the room for something, anything other then you to look at, His hand scratching his neck. "I- um, w-well, you looked really peaceful a-and... I, well, I didn't want to wake you up..." he admitted, face continuing to grow a deeper shade of crimson. "Besides, I felt like if I was here with you, I could... Keep you safe. Ya know?" You smiled and nodded. "That's alright. I'm not mad at you for staying or anything, I just wanted to know why you did in the first place... Besides I still want to talk with you."

His blush faded. "Is it... about what I think it is?" Mondo asked hesitantly, tilting his head to the side with a sorrowful look in his eyes. "About your... Sister?" You nodded, and he frowned slightly, putting a hand on your shoulder. "You sure ya wanna talk about it. I mean, I don't want ya to upset yourself... You don't have to..."
You found it sweet that Mondo cared so much about your feelings surrounding your past, and how he was looking out for your well being. You couldn't help but smiled at the biker. You put a hand on his arm, slowly pulling it off your shoulder. "I appreciate your consern, Mondo. But none the less, I can't keep it all bottled up. I would rather vent it to you then keep it to myself." He blushed slightly, and nodded.
So with that, you took a deep breath, composing yourself for a story... Her last story...

"It was a sunny Saturday evening, and we had just arrived to the park, as always did. It wasn't a vary popular children's park, due to the age off the jungle gym. Hayseed and me found the park to be a safe place for us to bond and hang out, away from other people. Hayseed had found these old kites in the basement, and wanted to try them out, saying that they had potential for fun in the future. I would have joined her, but had psychology homework to finish. However, instead of staying home to do my homework, I desided to join her at the park and do it their instead..."

You took a quick break from your story, preparing yourself for what You had to talk about next. Mondo was focused on nothing but you, showing that he was actually listening to what you had to say. So, with another deep breath, and a quick dose of self-assurance, You continued.

"I took a seat on on of the old swingsets, the one closest to the shade of a nearby tree, facing towards the field so I could watch her. Their wasn't any wind at the time, and their where plenty of trees to get the kites stuck in, but she seemed to be having fun anyways... I was looking down at my paper, finishing off one of the last questions, when I noticed that things where suddenly quiet... When I looked up from the page, I saw my sister, only she didn't look right... She was facing towards the road, starring off into the distance with a look on her face. It was as if she was void of all emotion, a completely different person... She was only standing their for the first couple of minutes, only to suddenly start walking..."

You bit your lip, blinking a fiew times to keep yourself from crying again. "... She walked right in front of a truck... And I- I just sat their and watched it happen..." you clenched the blankets underneath you, anger replacing your sadness. "I know that I couldn't have done much in that moment, but I could have done something. Anything! I mean, I'm a ultimate highschool level psychiatrice And, and she was family! My sister! I should have known that she wasn't happy!.. I.. I just- I dont-"

You felt a sudden hand on your shoulder, causing you to jolt a little in place. You almost forgot that the biker was here, listening to all of this. He had this look on his face, a look that told you he understood. Mondo brought a thumb up to your cheek, wiping away a couple of tears. You brought the back of your hand up to your face, wiping away the rest. It was kinda funny that you didn't notice you where crying, and that Mondo was the first to wipe them away. Without any warning, he pulled you into a hug, wrapping his arms around your waist. You blushed at this, a new and fuzzy feeling bubbling up your throat.
Mondo chuckled to himself, letting his fingers run through your hair. "I know how it feels..."

(a/n: part 2 coming soon!)