(7) Stories of the past -2-

(a/n: this chapter isn't the best... )

[Mondo's POV]
(y/n) watched her sister die right in front of her, with no goodbye or last words. She got no explanation as to why her sister would do something like that. She blamed herself for all of it, and yet, she was also aware that She couldn't have done anything to stop it. I didn't think about what I did next, and frankly, I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest, enveloping her into a hug. I watched as her face turned a new shade of red, but not in the imbarrassing kinda way, if that makes any sense. I couldn't help but chuckled at how cute she was being.

"I know how it feels..." I mumbled, holding the girl close to my chest. She looked up at me, a confused look on her face. I sighed, shifting my eyes to the wall across from me, holding her close. "What you went through, I mean. I know exactly what it's like, how it feels to blame yourself... Fuck, I still do."

"You... Wanna talk about it?" (y/n) questioned, her voice no louder then a soft whisper. I looked at her, seeing her snuggled into my chest, starring at the wall beside us. "It's alright if you don't want to, of course. I completely understand, and I'll respect your decision."
I just started at her for a while, taking in what she told me. Her mind and thoughts are so strange and complicated, and yet, you can read her emotions like a book. I knew she wanted me to tell her, either for curiosities sake or for my fucking health. I sighed through my nose, finding myself wanting to say something. "Yeah, I guess I'll tell ya. After all, you told me yours, so it's only fair, right? Besides, it's like you said. Better to get it off my chest." I stated in a happier voice, trying to pick up her spirits some. She smiled, but didn't look at me, continuing to stare at the wall beside her. So, I took a deep breath, and began to tell her what happened.

"Me and my brother where close... He was number one, and I was his right hand man. But even so, I felt like I wasn't good enough... it felt like I was stuck under his shadow, ya know? Anyways, we were going to have this race, and I felt like it would be my chance to prove myself..." I paused, looking down at her again. "But it didn't turn out that way.." she started, looking up at me with sorrow in her eyes. "It didn't?" I shook my head. "During the race, I started to pull some really dangerous and reckless shit, and I almost got hit by a truck... He pushed me out of the way before it hit me, hitting him instead... Fuck..." I wrapped my arms tighter around her, stifling a sob from rising out of my throat. It fucking hurt every time I thought about it... I could have just taken the loss of that race. No one had to die. HE didn't have to die....

"Did you see it?"

I paused. (y/n) looked up at me with a serious look on her face, meaning that the question was an important one. I cleared my throat, scratching the back of my neck. "What do you mean? Saw what?" She sighed, sitting up to look my straight in the eye. "The truck that almost hit you. Did you see it when you pulled into the other lane?"

"I... No I didn't, but-" she placed a hand over my mouth, cutting me off. "No. If you didn't see the danger coming your way, it wasn't your fault. You never purposefully put yourself in that kind of danger, so you did nothing wrong..." we sat their for a fiew seconds, then she slowly removed the hand from my mouth, her eyes never leaving mine. It was like she was waiting for me to say something, but their was nothing I wanted to say. I mean, their wasn't anything that needed to be said... Well, maybe something. But, I don't think I'm ready to say that yet...

[Y/n's POV]
You let out a long sigh before wrapping your arms around Mondo's neck, enveloping him in a loose hug. You felt him emediently tence at the sudden contact, catching his breath. He was so strangely attractive to you, and you felt like You could relate to him more than anyone... You smiled to yourself before speaking, keeping your tone of voice no higher then a soft whisper.

"I'm sorry that something like that happened to you, but you can't keep beating yourself up over it all the time. It's not healthy to hold this kind of guilt with you, and I know that aswell... Just remember that the past is behind us, and the future doesn't exist yet. All we have is the present, and it's really all we need. Don't forget that your brother would want you to be happy, and to live like he didn't. You understand?"

Mondo nodded as he slowly wrapped his arms around you, tightening the huge and nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck. You felt tears on your shoulder as he cried, which you didn't really mind. You just kept hugging him close while rubbing circles into his back, eventually calming him down. "Better?" you asked, moving away from him so you could see his face. Mondo nodded, using his jacket sleeve to wipe his eyes, a sad grin on his face. "Yeah... I'm, f-fine... T-thanks (y/n)..."

You smiled, patting his shoulder. "No problem."