(31) Encounter

[Y/n's POV]
A shadow... that's all you could remember... a shadow that stood over you before you totally passed out... things were fuzzy, and then you felt yourself begin to fade into consciousness, your head clearing the darkness slowly. You layed on the ground unmoving at first, finding the air colder then usual. cold and.. damp. You groggily moved your arm slowly up to your face, letting your hand rest over your eyes...
That's when it hit you.
A breeze. A cold breeze ran through you. the sudden chill feeling caused you to sit up with a start, your eyes shooting open to find a blur of green, grey, and deep brown. Only then did you realise that grass blades ran through your hands, the feeling being familiar, yet... foreign. You rubbed at your eyes, clearing them enough to see your surroundings... You found yourself on a forest floor, your surroundings blurred by the thick fog that seemed to engulf you and the trees that stood the closest. The sight was haunting to say the least, the whole situation feeling eerie. Why weren't you in the school? Why and where were you exaclty? Did the others end up here to? If so, where were they? Those weren't the only questions that began to speed through your head, the whole thing giving you a bit of a headache. You stood up, but almost fell back down again due to your mind spinning. You sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose in an attempt to ease the stinging pain. "Fuck..." you mumbled, the word making you laugh to yourself a bit. You never really cursed all to often, but you had to admit that you've been doing it more often as of late, your boyfriend obviously influencing you more.

You took a hard look at your surroundings once the pain had subsided and started your search by passing through the biggest gap between two of the oak trees, there leaves high above your head. You couldn't help but study them as you trudged passed, the leaves swaying in a strangely.. familiar kind of way. You sighed and looked down at your feet, your eyes fixated on the strings of your sneakers in an attempt to distract yourself. Most people would be worried about getting lost, but you weren't. Not right now. After all, you didn't really know where you were to begin with.. or maybe you might have?... god, this whole thing felt a little two weird for you. One minute your walking with your friends to check a crimescene. And the next, your stuck in a place like this. You were shaken from your thoughts when you felt something stick into your hair, reaching up to find a freshly fallen leaf. You stood in silence, rolling the stem of the plant in between your fingers, your eyes scanning over the many veins that ran through the greenish yellow... this felt incredibly weird. Familiar. You couldn't put your finger on it, but.. you felt as if you'd been here before.

You sighed and let the leaf fall to the ground before walking through another opening in the trees, finding yourself in another foggy opening. You quickly noticed that the tick part of the forest ended there as you walked through the parting, the most of the trees behind you. You could see a couple scattered here there up ahead, and even a few large patches. However, that wasn't what had caught your eye... There was a specific silhouette that stood beside one of the trees in the distance, the fog blurring it just enough to mask what it was exactly. You couldn't take your eyes off of it, the familiar sensation coming back again. You eventually bit the bullet and took a running start towards it, the shape and structure quickly clearing for you to see.. and the mere sight of it send a shiver down your back, the strange feelings youve been having suddenly making complete and perfect sense...
You found yourself staring at an all two familiar rusty swing set, a light scratching noise sounding from the chains as it swayed lightly back and forth. Leaves were scattered all around it due to the tree it stood beside, the oak standing just as tall as it did before. You stood still and in silence. Why were you here? Did Monokuma do this? Why!? You couldn't understand it. Yiu slowly approached the side of the steel frame, letting your hand rest against it. You bit your bottom lip as you ran your thumb across the rusted metal, tears brimming in your eyes. Its like it hadn't aged more then it had the last time you saw it. The last time you were here... The last time you saw her.. alive. You then walked over to the actual swing and sat down on the seat, hands reaching to grab the metal chains that halt it up as you did so... And that's when you caught sight of it.

There was something- no, someone walking in the distance, there frame blurred due to the fog. Your eyes widened as they grew closer, your feeling of calm instinctively beginning to turn into a feeling of dread and confusion. Who were they? Were they stuck here to? Did they want to hurt you? You closed your eyes as a way to try and make yourself feel better, but all it lead to was making you panic more. All you could hear were there footsteps as they rustled the fallen leaves, the sound growing ever closer, and then without warning, it stopped. The sound completely disappeared, leaving you with nothing but complete and utter silence... so, without thinking about it to much, you slowly opened your eyes.. You couldn't talk. You couldn't breath. You just sat there in silence as you stared. You felt water begin to flow freely from your eyes now, a light sob escaping your lips.

"I've missed you..."

(a/n: I am so freakin sorry for not getting this done sooner!! I was busy a lot, and not only that, but I actually had to start this whole chapter over from scratch due to a sudden and unfortunate glitch. Still, I got it done, and I really hope you all like it all the same!!)