(16) Mixed feelings

(a/n: Sorry if it's a bit short! I just really wanted to get this chapter out, mostly because I'm exited about the next one! Hope you all like it!)

Celeste admitted to the murders shortly after Naegi and you had called her out, and she was promptly executed. You felt mondo's hand grip your shoulder as she was burned alive right in front of you all... Well, alive was a bit of a stretch, especially since a fire truck had smashed into her first, but burned somewhat definantly. You looked over at the man beside you, your eyes meeting his. They were such a calm purple color... Mondo cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck while diverting his eyes from yours. "(y/n)... I' uh... Have to talk to you, once we get back, yeah?"

You pulled the large biker aside once you and the others exited out of the elevator, walking with him down the hallway towards the dorms. You couldn't help but study his face, seeing it turn a light shade of pink with his gaze glued in front of him. It was like he was trying to keep himself from looking at you, but you didn't question it. "What did you want to talk about, Mondo?" you asked, seeing his eyes widen slightly with the blush on his face growing deeper and more apparent. "I- uh, well, there's somethin' I wanna... tell you..." he stuttered, scratching the back of his neck. You smiled.
"Actually, there's something I have to tell you to." You admitted, both of you stopping in front of your room door. "But it's a real long story... And it's getting late. You mind we talk about this stuff tomorrow? I- if you don't mind..." He nodded and placed a hand on your shoulder, a soft smile on his face. "It's alright... Got stuff I gotta think about anyways. You gonna be alright on your own?"

"I'll be fine." You answered quietly, placing your hand on top of his. You diverted your eyes away from his bright purple ones as a light heat dusting over your face, your fingers intertwining with his again. "It's really sweet of you to care, you know... Thank you." Mondo tenced up slightly at those words, his face turning a deep crimson. "I- of course I care! don't mention it!" You smiled, giving his hand a final squeeze. "Goodnight Mondo." He nodded back, scratching the back of his neck with a goofy grin. "G- g'night (y/n)." And with that, you entered your room and shut the door behind you, locking it from the inside. Your face was still brimming with heat, and you could feel butterflies in your stomache... You've grown really close to Mondo in the last month or so, and he's been here for you pretty early on. But now your starting to feel that maybe you like him alot more than a friend... But then that begs the question on whether or not he felt the same way...

Did he feel the same way? Did he also care about you more then just a good friend? It was so hard to tell sometimes when it came to the biker, and you've never thought about it until now. And even if he did, was it such a good idea to date in this place? Surely there's a rule against public displays of affection in school, so it might lead to you both coming to a painful end... But was there? You sighed and shook your head, making a mental note to talk with him about it later tomorrow... Right now, you needed sleep.

[Mondo's POV]
She shut the door behind her, and I let out a long sigh, walking into my own dorm before letting my body flop onto the small bed. My face felt like it was on fire, and my heart beat was a mile a minute. Her words kept repeating I'm the back of my head, like a broken record or a scratched disk. She seemed to really care about me, and I was surprised I hadn't been yelling when I told her I cared back... Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't raised my voice to her since Leon died... I guess I just feel, well, different with her around. I feel so much calmer with her...

I.. I care about her. I really, really do... She's an amazing person, and she's helped me alot when it comes to my anger problems. I mean, recently I've been able to tell myself to stay calm, rather than emediently turning to my fists. I don't think I would be able to do that now if it wasn't for her... But, will she accept my confesion?.. I mean, does she like me to? And what happens if she doesn't? I let out another long sigh, scratching my nose with the back of my thumb before letting my arm rest behind my head. Whatever happens tomorrow will happen eventually anyways, and besides, she has something to tell me too...
Maybe it's something to do with her memory power thing, Or maybe she just wants to get something off her chest. Hopefully it's not about someone picking on her, but then again, she can handle herself fine... My eyes began to grow heavier from sleep, and I let out a yawn, snuggling my head into the collar of my jacket as the world faded into a calm darkness...