(12) Murder

(a/n: this chapter kinda sucks.)

[Mondo's POV]
We all began filing into the large rusty elivator, and I began taking my place in the back by one of the corners, (y/n) standing right beside me. The elevator shifted slightly before finally beginning to move down, picking up speed after a couple of minutes. I clenched my hands underneath my coat sleeves in an attempt to vent some of the anger I was feeling, my eyes pegged streight ahead. My best friend Kiyotaka Ishimaru, along with Hifumi, where both dead...

~Flashback~
"So who's dead?" I questioned as I walked out of (y/n)'s room and shut the door behind me, begining to walk with Naegi down the hallway. The guy sighed, looking down at the ground. "It's Hifumi... He was apparently attacked, and we left him in the infirmary and went to search for whoever it was... That's when a scream called is back. We found him lying in the middle of the floor, his head covered in blood... I went to find you and... And um..." He gave me a wierd look, like he was judging me or something... Now, usually I would get mad at this, but the time I've spent with (y/n) Has taught me that doing that wouldn't be the best idea. Still, I was actually pretty curious to know exactly what he was thinking. "Yo, Mokoto. Ya got this look... What's on your mind?" I questioned, meeting his eyes. He seemed surprised for a second, his face turning pink as he scratched at his cheek with his finger. "W-well, I did just found you asleep in (y/n)'s bed..." he stammered back, obviously worried that I was going to be angry. Don't know why though.

"She didn't want to be alone last night. I was going to leave after she fell asleep, but she ended up falling asleep on top of me. I didn't want to wake her or anything, so I... Um..." I began to realize that my face was alot hotter then usual, and Makoto seemed to realize it to. He gave me a questionable look, like he thought something was wrong... And I kinda felt, I dunno, flustered I guess. "W-why the hell do YOU care anyways! It's none of your fuckin' business to begin with!!" I blurted out. Naegi didn't answer me, and instead just shrugged and we continued walking, eventually reaching the infirmary. He wasn't kidding when he said that their was alot of blood. What I wasn't told was that it was everywhere! All over the walls and floors, and their was a puddle in the middle... Only... "Mokoto," I started, taking a fiew steps into the room. "where's Hifumi's body?" Naegi ran in front of me, eyes wide as he moved his head left to right. "I... I don't know! He was here! What if... No, the announcement went off... He had to be dead..." And that's when we heard it. All of my sences froze as someone screamed bloody murder from upstairs... "That sounded like Chihiro! Come on!!" Naegi yelled, already barreling halfway down the hall, waving his arm for me to fallow. So, I did.

We ran up the stairs and turned to see two figures in the hallway, the supply closet wide open. We walked up closer, recognizing the two once we got close enough. One of them was, in fact, Chihiro. He was on his knees, crying and sobbing uncontrollably while covering his mouth. He was making an attempt to try and keep himself from making too much noise, but it didn't seem to be going too well. My eyes moved to the other persons face, and I felt a sudden pinch in my chest... (y/n) helt the not close to her chest to try and calm him down, a look of pure horror on her face. It was obvious that she was also trying to prevent Chihiro from looking inside the closet. I made my way up to them both and knelt down to their level, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Hay, are you alright? What happened?" I asked, trying to keep as quiet as I could. She didn't answer me, but rather raised a hand up, and pointed to the closet. A body lay on the floor, a puddle of blood forming at the head, eyes open from dying instantly... It was Kiyotaka.
~flashback end~

I took in a deep breath as more rage build up inside my chest, letting it out with a long sigh through my nose. I swear, if we don't find the killer soon, I might just fucking loose it. My attention shifted to (y/n), who was currenty yanking at my coat sleeve like a little kid. I shot her a questionable glace, but she only responded with the same determined one... Wait.
I then realized that she needed to tell me something important, so I bent to the side slightly so she could whisper it. Thank got she's not to much shorter then me. "Listen," she started, cupping a hand over her mouth. "I know you'll think that this sounds super weird, but trust me, it's important..." She took a second to look at everyone selse, making sure no one was trying to eesedrop.

"Taeko Yasuhiro. Remember that for me, alright?"