(32) Awaken

(a/n: this isn't the best chapter I've done, but I promise that the next one will be better!)

[Mondo's POV]
It was cold in the medical room of the school, the chill causing me to stuff my hands into the pockets of my jacket. I was currently laying down on the edge of the medical bed, my eyes glued to the lights that stretched from one side of the room to the other. They were broken as fuck though, often flickering out every couple of minutes before turning a solid white once again. I sighed, letting my attention shift, my eyes landing on my sick girlfriend. (y/n) was curled up beside me, her head nuzzled up against my arm. She was looking a hell of a lot better, her face not as pale as it was an hour ago... well, I assume it's only been an hour, seeing as this room is without a clock. Something in my head kept telling me that it was on purpose, and that the bear took it out just to mess with me, but that couldn't be the case. He's not that fucking petty... I hope. He's probably thinking of ways to hurt me or something right now, or maybe he's planning on hurting (y/n) next, the fucking psychopath. I swear, if he ever lays a hand on her, I'll kill him. I'll strangle him with my bear fucking hands.

I was shaken from my thoughts by the sound of (y/n) mumbling in her sleep, her words to quiet for me to make out. I couldn't help but drape my arm over her and hug her close, her head now resting on my chest. I let my other hand rest against her cheek, my thumb brushing a few strands of hair out of her face in the process. Her temperature had also gone down a lot to, a faint smile stretching across her now, less-pale face. She seemed so peaceful whenever she was sleeping, like she was totally content and that nothing could ever bother her...

Like nothing could truly.. hurt her...

I felt a knotted pit start to form in my chest as scenarios began playing through my mind, realization slapping me in the face. She could die. She could seriously be here one minute, and disappear out of my life the next. My eyes darted up at the lights above me as they began to flicker, the sound making me nervous due to me not expecting it. I never really thought about it to much, but it could happen. Someone could hurt her, even KILL her, and I might not be around to help...

"... m.. Mondo?"

Everything seemed to totally stop. I turned my head to look over at her, coming face to face with an all two familiar set of bright beautiful eyes. (Y/n) was sitting up now, her face back to its usual color. Her lip was bent into a small frown as she looked my face over, her hand raising to brush against my face. "Mondo, have you been crying?" She questioned. I hadn't even noticed that I was getting emotional, but to be fair, I hadn't noticed that had had women up either. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't do anything... It was like I was totally frozen...

and then everything just hit me.

I heard (y/n) let out a squeak as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her tightly into my chest. All the thoughts I was having began rushing back to me. the realization I Could loose her, the fear of not being there, and the events of today. It was all alot of shit, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"M-Mondo! I can't breath!" She squeaked out, squirming around in my grip again. I sighed heavily and loosened my hold slightly, not totally wanting to let her go. "You scared the shit out of me today, you know that?" I muttered out, pushing her off me so I could look at her face. "I want you to promise me this wont happen again, okay?"

She stared at me for a moment before lowering her eyes, her hands fidgeting.
"Mondo' I.. I don't think I can-"

"You HAVE to!" I shouted, my hands grabbing onto her shoulders. I could feel the tears begin to run down my face now, her eyes now wide and glued to mine. "I cant stand the fucking thought of something happening to you, okay!? I can't handle the fact that something like this might happen again! I LOVE YOU GOD DAMMIT! now PROMISE ME!!"

Her eyes seemed to grow wider as I yelled, another pit forming in my stomach as they did. I didn't mean to shout at her. I didn't want to scare her. "Mondo..." she muttered, her hand reaching up to my cheek again. I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to stop myself from sobbing, removing my hand from her shoulder to grab hold of hers. "Please. I can't loose you (y/n).. I can't..."

There was a short pause of silence before I felt her move closer to me, kissing my forehead before curling up in my lap, her hands wrapping around my chest while her head rested in the crook of my neck in an attempt to console me. I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face and just hugged her back, a few chokes and sniffles escaping me. We stayed like that for a long ass time, total silence in the room. We layed together in that eternal silence, (y/n) muttering something just loud enough for me to hear before my eyes closed, my tired body finally succumbing to sleep. I'll never forget what she said to me...

"Your not going to loose me Mondo, I swear it...

And Mondo.. for what it's worth...

.. I love you to."

(a/n: AAAAAAA it's finally finished! I'm super sorry if it took me a while to get it done and out, and I really hope you all like how it came out! It's probably not the best, but it's also not the worst, so its passable!)