(9) New motive

(a/n: the photo above makes me laugh omfg X3)

[Mondo's POV]
Me and Kiyotaka entered the gym, finding everyone else already their, different expressions on their faces. I looked around the room, my eyes shifting form person to person.

Byakuya and Celestia where in the corner, their faces shifting around like they where judging everything within seeing distance. Toko was their to, though it didn't look like she was looking at anyone other then Togami. Asahina and Sakura where chatting happily with eachother and sharing laughs, like their was nothing wrong. Same kinda goes for Naegi and Kirigiri, though they looked like they where taking everything much more seriously.

Ishimaru left to talk with Chihiro, who he's been training with the past fiew days... That's when I finally spotted her standing in her usual spot. She was by herself in the gym, her eyes fixated on the stage. She always got like this whenever were called to the gym, always focussing all her attention on the stage like nothing else exists. If I didn't know any better, it looked like she was trying to focus on something specific... I just let it go, not finding it worth thinking about, and walked over to her. (y/n) still didn't move, even with me standing right beside her. Honestly, she probably didn't know I was their. I couldn't help but smile at the cute stare she had on her face. She looked so deturmined...

"Hail, hail. The gangs all here."

Everyone seemed to stop what they where doing in unison as the bear popped up onto the stage, it's grin pussing me off. I felt (y/n) lean against me slightly, causing my attention to shift from the stage to her face... She wasn't leaning on me through fear, I could tell. She suddenly looked more pale then usual, and her eyes where small as pins. She looked sick... Really sick... I put a hand on her shoulder, keeping her from falling over.

"What kind of sadistic scheme have you cooked up now?" questioned Byakuya, his voice making my blood boil. I thankfully haven't had to many run-ins with the guy, due to him never leaving the library. Still, it didn't stop me from hating him. Monokuma did his weird laugh with his paws on his face, red eye glowing. "Knuk knuk knuk! That's the million dollar question! Well, ten-million dollars actually."

Stacks of money fell out of the roof almost perfectly on cue, and landed in a neat pile on the stage. He quickly climed on top of it, laughing once more. "Yes, kiddies! This mountain of moola can be yours if you graduate! Pretty sweat, right? Huh? Huh?"

As everyone starred at him in shock, I felt (y/n) grab my coat sleeve, pulling it lightly. I looked down at her, our eyes meeting. She didn't look sick anymore, but that determined stare was back in its place. I nodded, knowing that she wanted to talk with me after Monokuma let us leave the gym. When I looked back up at the stupid bear, the only thing I could feel was the anger. I mean, (y/n)'s been helping me with keeping calm, but sometimes I just can't help but fill with rage. This fucking bear has no right to compare money to us, to me, to anyone!

"Is life so cheap you would label it with a price tag?" Sakura spoke up, her teeth clenched and beared. "I know what your trying to do!" Naegi jumped in, taking a fiew steps forward toward the stage, hands clenched into fists. "Where not going to massacre eachother for money, period!"

Monokuma just laughed, shaking his head as the stand began sinking underneath the stage, taking the money, and Monokuma with it. "Knuk knuk knuk! Whatever you say, saint franchise! I'll Just leave you fine upstanding co-heads to scratch out a living as professional students!"
And with that, he was gone, leaving the stand behind. (y/n) had grabbed my sleeve and led me out of the gym the second the bear had left, stopping when we reached her room, shutting the door behind us. I stared at her face, which had panic written all over it... I hated seeing her like this...

(a/n: sorry bout the re-upload)