Chapter 20

"You can talk to me," he hesitantly says.
I nod.
Maybe he could help me.

"So how did you get over it?," I ask.
"I found out that I just needed someone to talk to. Someone I could tell everything too. You know, someone reliable. Then I met Jimin. He helped me. I talked to him for hours about how wronged I felt."

"Hmm...So you want me to rely on you?"
He looked a little startled.
"Yes."

"I really appreciate how you wanted to help but I don't think you can. It takes me time to open up to a person."I say.
His expressions fall but seconds later his face brightens up.
"I can help. Let's get to know each other better."

"How?"

"We could hangout together and you know with time I think I'll be able to help."

Is he indirectly asking me on dates?
Ahh Nabi don't exaggerate.

"Okay." I agree.

We get up to leave. The sun's already down and it was getting darker by the minute.

We stand before a signal to cross the road. The car passing by too fast for me to notice.
I wait until the little man on the signal turns green. Jungkook stands beside me, his eyes fixed on the signal.
Once the signal turns green I take a step.

Screech.

The car halts inches away from me.
Before I could process my thoughts,I fall to the ground. My legs were too weak to hold me up.
The scenes from that day flooding my mind. The same sound starts blaring and my vision becomes hazy.
The man inside the car immediately makes his way to check on me.
Jungkook bends down, panic clearly visible in his eyes.
"Are you alright?" He questions hastily.
I can only nod.
He apologizes to the man before helping me up.
I cling on to him.

He puts his arm around my waist to help me stand.
I couldn't think of anything else. My mind is too preoccupied with the scenes of that day.
Everything is clear in front of me.
My mother's voice echoing through my head.

My hands clench on to his shirt. Beads of sweat start forming on the top of my head.

My eyes fill with tears, threatening to fall and I let them.
I couldn't hold back anymore.
Jungkook helps me walk and slowly places me on a bench.
"Are you okay?"
"What's wrong?"
"Nabi, speak."

I don't reply. I don't have the strength to.
He just sighs and sits beside me. He puts an arm around my shoulder, Pulling me close.

I don't move. I sit there wailing.

After maybe about an hour he slowly asks,"can you walk now."
I nod.

He helps me up and guides my way. He takes me through another path, maybe he wanted to avoid the road this time.
I smile to myself.

I'm was back to my senses now. My mind calming down and slowly gaining awareness of my surroundings.
I suddenly become conscious of his arm around my waist and the closeness of our bodies.
My heart beat starts rising at the thought of it.

I try to sneak away from his hold but instead his hold on me just tightens.
"It's okay, calm down first,"he says momentarily.
"I'm alright now."

He doesn't reply, his hold on me just as firm.
I don't speak anymore. My mind was filled with thoughts of all sorts.
___

A/N:
It might be weird how Jungkook insists on helping her but I think with time I'll be able to explain better.