Me? Afraid? Naaaaaaaaaaaah....

After dinner, their parents suggested a walk on the beach which everyone politely declined. From their spacious cabana, V could see them walking down the beach, hand in hand. The boys were fighting about something mundane at the far side so she paid them no mind. She watched her parents.

They were an odd pair.

Seraphina Lorraine Hunter, with her extraordinary mind and deadly skills, and Finnigan Hunter, with his domineering physique and unnatural talent for business. They were known as the world’s power couple, respected and admired everywhere they went. Some people thought that their marriage was out of convenience but if one saw them together, one could clearly see their love for each other. Every night, V would wish for a love just like theirs. A relationship clearly filled with friendship, respect, admiration, and most importantly, love. Thinking about a relationship brought thoughts of Clay. She turned and looked at him. He was laughing at something Stone said.

He is so dreamy, with his gorgeous green eyes and soft-looking lips.

V could just imagine being happily married to him and having kids with his dark green eyes and shaggy light brown hair. Someone nudged her arm, bringing her out of her fantasy.

“Quit drooling,” Sin teased.

She quickly touched her mouth and found nothing, “Sin!”

Her twin laughed, “I couldn’t help it. You were looking at him like he gave you the entire galaxy.”

“I was not,” she denied.

“Please, you’re in love with him,”

V’s face was redder than a tomato, “I am not! He’s my best friend.”

“Really, V?” he presented her a you-can’t-fool-me look.

“Fine. So what if I am? He’ll never feel the same. I’m dumb and plain.”

“Dumb? Plain? You are a Hunter, Invidia,” Sin lectured in his big brother voice. “You are the daughter of one of the world’s most unbelievable minds and you are the heiress of Luxuria. Not to mention you’re number three in the World’s Most Esteemed. There’s nothing stupid or simple about you.”

“I know. I just don’t think he’ll ever love me. We’re best friends.” V tried to reason.

“Do me a favour, V.”

“What?”

“Take a chance,” Sin said.

She nodded, he kissed her forehead and returned to the guys. She turned back to gaze on the beach and a few seconds later, Clay appeared at her side.

“Ready to go?” he asked, extending his hand.

She nodded and took his hand. He pulled her towards him and tucked her to his side. With an arm around her waist, he guided her back to the hotel. As they walked in comfortable silence, she leaned her head on his shoulder.

I could get used to this.

Back in their room, they silently got ready for bed. Because she finished first, she waited for Clay on the bed. When he was done, he turned off the light and got into bed. He rolled her over to face him and pulled her towards him. She snuggled closer and enjoyed the warmth.

He kissed her hair and whispered, “Good night, Vivi.”

“Night, Clay-Clay.”