Finally

Three days had passed since she spent time with Clay and that was breakfast. V hardly ever saw Clay. Stone was always dragging her somewhere and when she was free, Clay was nowhere to be found. She missed her best friend.

I am spending the day with Clay and nothing is going to ruin that, V vowed to herself.

So when Clay got out of the bathroom, fresh out of the shower, she skipped towards him, “So what do you want to do today?”

He shrugged, stepped around her, and headed to the closet to change, so V tried again, “Come on, Clay. I want to do something together.”

“No, thanks,” he casually replied while he finished dressing.

“No, thanks?” she asked dumbly.

“Yeah, I’m busy today. Later, Invidia.”

V was left staring after the door.

What the hell? Something’s going on.

V was pissed off when she arrived to meet her the rest of her family.

She dragged Sin by the shirt and when they were alone, she demanded, “What’s going on with Clay?”

Sin shrugged, straightening his shirt, “No clue.”

She looked into his eyes and saw he was telling the truth so she released him. “Fine!”

She stomped over to where her parents were standing, talking to Stone.

Lorraine looked at her daughter, “What’s wrong, darling?”

“Something’s going on with Clay.”

“What do you mean?” her mother asked.

“We haven’t hung out in three days and when I asked him what he wanted to do, he said he was busy.”

“Well, darling, he might be. Clayton is his own person.”

“I know, Mum. But he called me Invidia,”

Everyone gasped. Sin started, “Invidia? Since when does Clay call you Invidia?”

She turned to her twin and said, “Right? That’s what I said.”

Her mother was silent, with a thoughtful expression, “Hmm. That does seem odd. Never you mind, my darling. Clay probably just wanted to be explore.”

“But we never go anywhere without each other,” V whined.

“I know, pumpkin,” her dad said. “But give it time, I’m sure things will go back to normal in no time.”

I hope so, V prayed.

Not knowing what else to say, she nodded.

“Now, who’s ready to go see the rest of the island?” her mother asked in her usual cheerful and loving voice.

After spending the day seeing what the island had to offer, V was exhausted. She headed up to the room to take a luxurious bath and was shocked to find Clay sitting on the bed, reading his book.

Even on vacation, he studied.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“We share this room, Invidia,” he said in a bored tone.

Before she could ask him what the hell was going on, there was a knock on the door. She angrily marched toward the door and swung it open.

“Dad,” V said, surprised. “What are you doing here?”