When Fate Intervenes...or In This Case...Mum

Clay felt like he was on every drug in the world. He had never been this happy his entire life. He thought that he’d never have a chance with V. But for some weird reason, she felt the same.

Well, not exactly the same. She doesn’t love me but I’m sure it’ll happen.

Ever since last night, they have been inseparable. During breakfast the next day, they came down, holding hands, with huge smiles. Mum was the first to notice.

“I take it everything’s okay?” she probed while they took their seats beside each other.

V turned red and wouldn’t look at anyone in the eye, which Clay found adorable. He answered for both of them, “Better than okay.”

“So it worked!” Dad rejoiced.

“Of course,” Mum said, matter of factly.

“What worked?” Clay and V asked at the same time.

“The plan.”

“What plan?” they chorused again.

“Dinner. My plan for you to spend some time together,” Mum said, nonchalantly.

V and Clay turned towards Dad and he held his hands in surrender, “She made me do it. You know I can’t resist her.”

Clay turned towards Mum once again, “That was all planned?”

She nodded, unembarrassed. “Of course. Most of this trip was. From the ‘only three rooms booked’ till dinner last night.”

V exclaimed, “It all makes sense now! I thought it was weird that Mum would ever forget something and that she would get sick. Mum is the healthiest person I know.”

Mum laughed, “I had to do something to get you two to realize your feelings for one another.”

“So that’s why Sin lectured me. He was told to.” V said.

“Oh no, darling. Your brother knew of the plan but everything he did was all his idea. It was actually his idea to get Stone to spend time with you to help Clayton come out of his shell and express his emotions.”

So that’s what he meant when he said he knew Stone.

He smiled at Mum in awe, “Well, thanks Mum. Without you, I never would be so happy right now.”

Lorraine beamed, “You’re welcome, darling. I only want my children’s happiness.”

Sin was looking smug beside him and Clay fought the urge to roll his eyes.

Son of the Ice Witch. When is he wrong?

After breakfast, they headed up the stairs to pack since their flight was in 5 hours. They spent the next twenty minutes, well V took thirty minutes, packing. After they were done, they snuggled on the bed and tried not to ruin it.

“V, do you want to go on a date with me?” he asked while he stroked her hair.

“Didn’t we already go on a date?” she looked at him.

He chuckled and kissed her, “No, we went to dinner Mum planned. I want you to go on a date with me because you want to.”

“And if I don’t want to go on a date with you?”

“I’ll hold Mum and Dad hostage” he threatened playfully.

She sighed dramatically, “Fine. For the sake of their safety.”

He chuckled at her silliness.

“I love that sound,” she announced.

“What sound?”

“Your laughter,” she said before kissing him.