I've Never Experienced This Much Suffering and Happiness in One Day

A day off, finally, Clay thought to himself. It’s been so long since he saw his girlfriend. Thinking of V brought a huge smile on his face. When he approached the Hunter mansion, he noticed V’s car was not in the driveway.

Maybe she decided to stay home today and her car is in the garage.

He pushed open the doors to the house and called out, “V!”

Instead of being greeted by her beautiful smiling face, Clay was greeted by Sin and Stone.

Both guys greeted him with huge smiles and a man hug.

Stone asked, “What are you doing here, man?”

Clay replied, “I’m here to see my girl.”

Sin clucked his tongue, “She’s not here.”

Clay’s brows shot up, “Where is she then?”

Sin and Stone looked at each other.

“What?” he asked, worried.

Sin sighed but it was Stone who answered, “She went to Hal’s gym.”

“Hal’s gym? Why would she go there? You guys have a fully equipped gym and the academy.”

Stone rolled his eyes, “She went to Hal’s gym to meet up with Colton.”

Clay’s face paled and it was suddenly hard to breathe.

 She went to see Colt.

He thanked them and ran towards the gym. When he arrived, he was out of breath. He approached the front desk and asked if they’d seen Colt, since he was a regular here. The manager, a short Hispanic man, told him that reserved the boxing room. He opened the door and hid behind the curtain that led to the showers. 15 minutes later, Colt came in dragging V behind him.

 He came closer just in time to hear Colton reply, “I want you back, V.”

V looked at with narrowed eyes, “You do? Why?”

Colton grabbed her by the arms and said, “Because I love you. And if I have to steal you away from that geeky boyfriend of yours, I’ll do it. I’ll win you back, V.”

She lowered her head, “I don’t have a boyfriend anymore.”

Clayton never experienced such pain before. Her words rolled through his mind over and over again and each time, it got worse. It was like his heart was squeezing and suffocating itself. He knew he should walk away, but he couldn’t. He turned his attention back to them.

Colton smiled his Cheshire smile, “All the more reason to get back together with me.” With that, he moved her back against a wall and kissed her like she was his possession. V didn’t even fight him off. She just stood there, allowing the bastard to kiss her.

When he released her, he looked at her and said, “I love you, V.”

She shook her head, “No, you don’t.”

He looked aghast, “What? Of course, I do!”

V shook her head again, “No, you need something from me. What is it?”

When he didn’t answer, she asked again, “What is it, Colton?”

Colt paced and sighed, “Fine. I need some money.”

What the hell? Money? That’s it? He didn’t need to kiss my girl if that was all he needed. I would gladly lend him money if it meant he would stay away from my V.

V didn’t even look insulted, “How much?”

“Thirty thousand,” he whispered.

What?!