Here We Go (PROLOGUE)

Well, I think the prologue title speaks for itself. 😉

We have now arrived at the beginning of a brand new era, and I can't wait to get things started! 😁

I know quite a few of you have been excited and waiting for this, so I thought I'd just go ahead and get it out for y'all. 💕

So. . .

Here's the prologue to series 8!!! 🎉

Enjoy! 😘

I would really appreciate it if you'd please leave comments. They are what keep me motivated to write more!  <3

***

━━ { ⋆。˚ 🌟 ˚。⋆ } ━━

━━ { ⋆。˚ 🌟 ˚。⋆ } ━━

London, England
1898

*****

In Victorian London, a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex strode past the House of Parliament and the clock tower (Big Ben) while crowds of Londoners gathered on the southern Embankment as they watched in amazement.

"Come on, out of the way. Move yourself, please." A Constable said as he cleared a path through the crowd. "Coming through. That's it. Excuse me, sir."

"Well, this is certainly unusual." Marguerite remarked, eyeing the T-Rex as she, Vastra, Jenny and Strax followed the Constable through the people that were gathered.

"Madame Vastra, thank God." An Inspector greeted as the Paternoster Gang arrived. "I'll wager you've not seen anything like this before."

"Well..." Vastra drawled out as she lifted her veil. "not since I was a little girl."

Jenny tilted her head as she gazed up at the dinosaur. "Big fella, isn't he?"

"Dinosaurs were mostly this size." Vastra stated before whispering in Jenny's ear. "I do believe it's a she."

"No, they weren't. I've seen fossils."

"I was there."

"I think we're all forgetting the bigger picture here." Marguerite sighed, tucking a stray piece of her red hair behind her ear before pointing up at the large creature. "Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago. And last time I checked, this was the nineteenth century."

"Thank you." The Inspector told her before gesturing at the Tyrannosaurus Rex. "How did it get here in the first place? What is this dinosaur fellow doing in the Thames?"