Robot of Sherwood ― III

Continued from Robot of Sherwood ― II__________

__________

"Eat, my Lady, eat." The Sheriff urged as he sat at one end of a table laden with all kinds of food while Lexi sat at the opposite end. There were candles burning throughout the room and a large fire in the fireplace. "Let it not be said that the Sheriff of Nottingham is a poor host."

Lexi quirked an eyebrow. "I had a bowl of chocolate ice cream this morning, thanks."

He tilted his head. "Your words are strange, fair one."

"I should think they are. After all, chocolate ice cream won't be invented until the late seventeenth century." She crossed her arms. "And if my calculations are accurate, that's not going to happen for another five hundred years."

"I like you." The Sheriff smirked at her. "You're refreshingly... direct."

"You can take the girl out of Scotland."

The Sheriff held up an item in clear wrap, then the Doctor's spoon. "Taken from your friend's strange tunic. An intriguing gallimaufry. Including... this wand. Evidently a thing of awesome power. Tell me... Are you from beyond the stars?"

"I don't think you should be asking me that question, oh Sheriff with the robot army." Lexi retorted.

***

"I'm sorry?" The Doctor scowled at Robin.

"No, beat your breast." Robin told him as Clara sat alongside them, trying not to laugh. "Moan. Groan as though twenty devils possessed your guts."

"What for?"

"So as to attract the attention of that gargoyle-faced guard."

"It's your plan, you moan."

"No, no, no, it won't work."

"Why?"

"Oh, because you're clearly more advanced in years, and you have a sickly aspect to you."

"I have a what?" The Doctor's scowl deepened as Clara snorted while silently using Lexi's sonic to undo her chains.

"You're as pale as milk. It's the way with Scots, they're strangers to vegetables."

"I'm not moaning. You moan."

"Fine." Robin sighed, rolling his eyes. "If you want something doing." He moaned loudly, then gave the Doctor a look. "Can I rely upon you to do the rest?"

"Yes, yes, I know the drill."

Robin kept moaning, and the guard spoke through the barred window in the door. "What is this din?"

"No business of yours, cur." The Doctor glared before turning to Robin. "Speak up. I can't hear you."

"What ails him?" The guard asked as Robin moaned more.