Robot of Sherwood ― II

Continued from Robot of Sherwood ― I__________

__________

"I have the odd – or in our case, not so odd – feeling that Dad is going to do something idiotic." Jupiter commented as she stood with her mother and Lucas, the three of them watching Clara standing a few feet away with Robin.

"Is there even a doubt?" Lexi let out a giggle at her daughter's commentary while clapping politely for the finalists. "Even Lucas, who's been surprisingly skeptical this whole time, can't argue that your father has a tendency to draw unwanted attention to himself."

"I'll give you that one." Lucas admitted, nodding as he clapped.

"In the contest for the golden arrow, after ten rounds, the battle is betwixt our Lord Sheriff and the stranger known as Tom the Tinker!" The herald announced.

The cheer for 'Tom the Tinker', otherwise known as Robin Hood, was louder. Jupiter narrowed her eyes, seeing the Sheriff say something. "'Perhaps not such a stranger after all.'" She muttered, reading his lips.

"What?" Lexi glanced her way, Jupiter leaning over to her to whisper in her ear.

"Take your places!" The herald ordered.

The two stepped forward, then Robin said, "Shall we make the contest a little more interesting, my Lord? The targets seem a little close. What say you? Another twenty paces?"

"Why not?" The Sheriff smiled thinly, gesturing for the target to be moved. When it was back far enough for both of them, the Sheriff took aim. His black arrow hit the middle of the bulls-eye. He chuckled, turning to Robin. "Now, Tinker, let us see thy true face."

Robin just aimed and fired, splitting the black arrow with his own white arrow. "Ye Gads!" The herald gasped dramatically. "He has split the arrow! Truly, he is the finest archer in all England! Come forth, Tinker, and claim your prize."

The herald stepped down from the dais and presented the arrow to Robin. Said outlaw smirked as he walked forward to claim the golden arrow, but in the process, was nearly hit by a multi-colored arrow, which split the white arrow right down the middle.

"And there we are." Lexi deadpanned as she crossed her arms, barely batting an eye.

"I'm the Doctor." He said as he walked forward, smirking at the Sheriff and the herald. "My skills as a bowman speak for themselves. I claim my reward." The herald knelt and offered the arrow, the Doctor picking it up before just scoffing. "A mere bauble." He tossed it away towards the Merry Men. "I want something else."

"Name it." The Sheriff responded.

"Enlightenment –"

Before the Doctor could continue, Robin fired again, splitting the Doctor's arrow. "Seriously?" Jupiter sighed, crossing her arms in much the same way as her mother.