Listen ― II

Continued from Listen ― I__________

__________

Clara found everyone staring up at a blocky building. "The West Country Children's Home, Gloucester." The Doctor announced, not seeing Clara and Lucas frown. "By the ozone level and the drains, mid-nineties. You must have been here, Clara, when you had the dream."

"I'm fairly certain neither one of us has been to Gloucester." Lucas's frown deepened before he glanced at Clara. "We grew up together practically our whole lives, and you never once mentioned this."

"'Cause it never happened." Clara told him before looking back up at the building. "And I've never once lived in a children's home."

"You've probably just forgotten." The Doctor waved it off. "Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious. Little you must be in here somewhere with your little brain."

"Isn't it bad if I meet myself?"

"It's potentially catastrophic."

Lucas sighed. "So why did you bring us out here, Doctor?"

"Oh, you're fine. The TARDIS let you go." The Doctor assured him. "It's Clara who could cause the catastrophe."

"That makes things so much better." Clara rolled her eyes.

"I'll wait with Clara and Lucas." Lexi volunteered. "You and Sky can go in and check things out."

"You sure?" Sky asked, glancing at his mother.

"We'll be fine." Lexi stated, giving her son a reassuring smile, then watched as Sky jogged after the Doctor, said Time Lord already on his way to the entrance.

A moment later, once Sky and the Doctor were inside, Clara turned to Lexi. "So if I had got distracted, what would have happened?"

"We would've probably ended up in the wrong place." Lexi answered, gazing all around. "But this is the right time zone. . ."

Something then caught Clara's eye, and she looked up to see a young boy looking out a window from the top floor. He waved, then opened the window. "What are you doing down there?" He called.

"Oh, er, not much." Lexi replied, looking up. "What's your name?"

"Rupert." He answered.

"Nice to meet you, Rupert." She gave him a big smile.

"Rupert Pink." Lexi looked out of the corner of her eye when she saw Clara's and Lucas's eyes widen. "It's a stupid name."

"No, it isn't." Clara shook her head. "I know somebody called Pink."

"Oh, Clara. . ." Lucas muttered, swallowing nervously.

"I meant Rupert." The boy said. "I'm going to change it."

"Rupert, why are you awake?" Lexi asked softly, seeing him shuffled. "Are you scared?"

***

"Psst, Dad."