A Father's Concern

Hiya! 👋

I'm happy to see that y'all seem to have enjoyed "Robot of Sherwood". I actually just re-read it myself, and I love it! 💚

Anyway, as promised, here's a little filler chapter where we get to see the Doctor actually have a bit of a heart-to-heart with Jupiter. The specifics of this heart-to-heart...? Well, read to find out!

Enjoy! 😘

I would really appreciate it if you'd please leave comments. They are what keep me motivated to write more!  <3

***

❝ All people, those with one heart or two or however many, deserve a chance at happiness

All people, those with one heart or two or however many, deserve a chance at happiness. ❞

– The Doctor

*****

Walking into the TARDIS kitchen, the Doctor furrowed his brows when he saw his daughter sitting there with a mug of steaming tea cradled in both hands.

"What are you doing sitting in here, my dear?" The Doctor questioned as he walked over to stand across from her at the kitchen island. "Don't get me wrong, you're free to do as you please, this is your home as well. But that mug of tea is going to go cold if you don't drink it."

"Just because." Jupiter shrugged, not looking at her father before taking a sip of tea from her mug.

The Doctor quirked one of his attack eyebrows. "You know I don't believe that, don't you?"

Jupiter smirked slightly in amusement. "You'd think I know better by now."

"Well, you are my daughter." He gave her a small smile before turning around to the kettle on the stove in order to go about making a mug of tea for himself. "So, would you like to tell me what's taken over your thoughts?"

"Where is everyone?" She asked. "I sort of went and hid myself away in my room after we left Nottingham."

"Well, we dropped Clara and Lucas back home. Lucas was a bit reluctant to leave for some reason, but he did anyway. And your mother and Sky are having a chat in the library – your bother's back, by the way." He answered. "Why d'you ask?"

"I, er, I'm not too sure how to put it into exact words..." Jupiter began as she lightly tapped her fingers against the side of her mug of tea. "It's just that... I have a dilemma. And, well, I don't know how to deal with it." She tilted her head as she thought, then let out a breath. "When you fell in love with Mum... How did you deal with it?"