Into the Dalek ― III

Continued from Into the Dalek ― II__________

__________

"Eugh!" Clara flung gunk out of her hair as the Doctor landed in the slimy liquid. "What is this stuff?"

"People." The Doctor answered, making Lucas pause as he was trying to get gunk out of his own hair. "The Daleks need protein. Occasionally, they harvest from their victims. This is a feeding tube."

"Is Ross here?" Journey asked.

"Yeah." The Doctor nodded. "Top layer, if you want to say a few words."

Journey grabbed him and pushed him against the wall, glaring daggers at him. "A man has just died. You will not talk like that!"

"A lot of people have died." The Doctor countered. "Everything in here is dead, and do you know why that's good?"

"There is nothing good about that!"

"Nothing is alive in here, so logically, this is the weakest spot in the Dalek's internal security." The Doctor said as Journey let him go. "Nobody guards the dead. Mortuaries and larders, always the easiest to break out of." He then turned towards Lexi, raising an eyebrow at her. "You alright?"

"Oh, I'm fine." She waved him off, wringing out her hair. "That drop was nothing. Remember when we were pushed down to the Dalek Asylum?"

"Ah, how could I forget?" He asked rhetorically before glancing at Journey. "Tell Uncle Stupid that we're in." He then looked around for a way out. "Aha! A bolt hole!"

"He'll get us out of here." Clara assured Journey. "The difficult part is not killing him before he can."

"Bolt hole." The Doctor said, pulling his sonic screwdriver out before pointing it at a large round grate, removing it. "Actually, a hole for a bolt." He looked around. "Does nobody get that?"

"Can't forget the puns either." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Watch it." The Doctor warned as he crawled inside the hole, Lexi crawling in right behind him, everyone else following after her. "Decontamination tubes are hot."

***

"Anomaly threat displaced." The computer announced as Morgan continued to watch the schematic of Rusty (the Dalek) on the monitor. "Dalek levels returning to normal parameters."

"Rescue One to Mission control." Journey's voice came over the communicator.

***

"This is Blue, Rescue One." Morgan answered as everyone was crawling through the narrow tunnel. "Report."

"The Dalek has an internal defense mechanism." Journey informed him. "We've lost Ross."

"What kind of defense mechanism? That thing knows you're in there to help it!"