Deep Breath ― II

Continued from Deep Breath ― I__________

__________

In the wee hours of the morning, the sun barely above the horizon, Sky stood watch as Strax directed two men in loading the TARDIS onto a trailer. With most of everyone else still asleep back at the house, Sky had elected to go with the psychotic potato dwarf to be sure that Idris was well taken care of, given the state she was in.

"Don't worry, Old Girl." Sky said, patting the TARDIS as she laid on her side on the horse-drawn trailer, said box letting out a tired hum as she was being readied to be wheeled off back to Paternoster Row. "We've got you."

***

"Rise and shine!" Marguerite greeted cheerfully, carrying a tea tray into the room Clara had slept in, said woman barely awake as the tea tray was placed on the bedside table.

"Mm." Clara propped herself up on her elbows, looking to the side and watching as Marguerite poured her a cuppa tea. "You didn't have to do this."

"Eh." She shrugged. "Keep myself busy. I'll be having to help Madame Vastra in a bit with another case she's working on. Thought I'd see what I could do for everyone until then."

"What is everyone up to?" Clara asked curiously as she got out of bed before wrapping shawl about her shoulders.

"Oh, well, Mister Sky is out with Strax, procuring the TARDIS to bring back here. Not sure what Miss Jupiter is doing at the moment." Marguerite spoke as she handed Clara a teacup. "And I believe Madame Vastra is preoccupied with some sort of forgery case while Jenny is readying herself for the day as well."

Clara nodded slowly, lifting the cuppa to her lips. "Do you sleep?"

"Of course I sleep." Marguerite laughed, pouring herself a cup of tea. "I may be a genie, but I am still half-human."

"Right." Clara nodded again before she and Marguerite heard a noise from outside.

"Come on, Earthling scum! Position it here! Easy now. That's it. Careful!" Strax's voice said from outside, making Clara and Marguerite set their teacups aside before going and opening the window, both of them looking out to see Strax directing a footman to put the TARDIS down in the courtyard as Sky dismounted from a horse. "Don't get it scratched, or you and all your bloodline will be obliterated from time and space."

"Very good, sir." The footman answered.

Clara looked on in amusement. "Strax!" She called.

"Ah!" Strax looked up at them. "Morning, Miss Clara, Miss Marguerite. You're awake at last."

"You got the TARDIS, then?" Marguerite asked.

"Strax calls it military tactics." Sky said, handing the reins of the horse off to a stable-hand before walking over to stand beside Strax as they looked up at the two women. "My parents are still missing, but they will always come back for Idris."