6: Wheatpasted Target

Chapter 6: Wheatpasted Target

[The Gym, Atenamal High, 9:02 AM, Wheat Beat Feet Delete]

MR GOERING: (in a hurry) "Move aside, Oscar."

OSCAR: "Why are you so stressed out?"

MR GOERING: (as he hurries away) "The posters won't come down."

OSCAR: (looking around him) "Wait - why won't they come down?"

RANDOM GIRL: "They're wheatpasted."

OSCAR: "Thanks RANDOM GIRL, that really clears things up."

BASIL: "It's this thing where people use a mixture of flour and water to permanently keep posters up on walls, idiot. The back, please. And hurry, there's a line behind you. Never thought the girl who can't walk would be telling you to hurry up, huh?"

GABI: "Hey, Oscar, we're having an Academic Council meeting today during lunch."

OSCAR: "What - I thought that was over. You know, after the whole 'ooo Fender you're a fucking disgusting piece of shit I'm gonna castrate you' thing. Thought we wouldn't, you know, go through that again."

GABI: "Fender isn't invited. Just the four of us. And it's important, so be there."

OSCAR: "I usually eat during lunch."

GABI: "I usually use freshmen guys to tickle my throat during lunch, but we're all making sacrifices here."

OSCAR: "I - uh - okay."

...

[The Secret Lair, Atenamal Regional High, 12:18 PM, REELECTEREIONONNF666!!!]

RAYMOND: "Are you suggesting that we help 'No One' fuck with Fender's image?"

GABI: "Look, I know it sounds bad - "

RAYMOND: "No, it sounds like bullying."

GABI: " - but it was just a suggestion. Like, a side-line project. Something to give 20% of our attention to. What I really want to do, is get a new fucking school speaker."

RAYMOND: "Fender makes a good school speaker. He's good at talking, he's serious, he can be kind of funny when he wants to, he dresses well."

GABI: "Why don't you go and suck his fucking dick then, Raymond?"

RAYMOND: "He'd probably shove it in without me even asking."

GABI: (slams hand down on desk) "This is what I'm talking about! Guys, we have a rapist as a school speaker. The most influential person in this student body is a rapist. We all know Mr Wilks won't do shit about it so let's take it into our own hands! All of us have until March until our offices are reelected. Fender stays school speaker until the end of the year. If he stays in this position I'm going to be sick every time I see him walk on stage."

OSCAR: "I think the propagandists have penetrated your armadillo shell of fortitude."

GABI: "Huh?"

OSCAR: "Do you believe No One?"

GABI: "It's pretty obvious, Oscar. Stay woke. Do you think No One would have wheatpasted the school if they didn't have proof?"

OSCAR: "Proof?"

GABI: "Emma Hernandez sent a text about it to her friend and her friend posted a screenshot on Snapchat. It was about how Fender forced himself onto her and wouldn't pull out when she begged him to."