16: Frodo and Sam

Chapter 16: Frodo and Sam

[The Secret Lair, Atenamal Regional High, 12:03 PM, Corpse Flogging]

ELSIE: "We already got Victoria to be school speaker. Fender is pretty useless now. We can just let him off. Nothing good's bound to happen to him from now on."

GABI: "You're going to let a rapist roam the same campus as you, Elsie? You're going to let him eat the same food you do, interact with your friends, breathe the air you breathe?"

RAYMOND: "Now that's just being a bit dramatic, isn't it?"

GABI: "You guys are backing me into a corner, here! We should be backing Fender into a corner."

RAYMOND: "Gabi, we're on you're side. No one is against you. As academic council, though, we should be worrying about other things. Like how twenty percent of the eleventh grade is failing condition."

GABI: "It's not my fault your class is retarded, Raymond."

RAYMOND: "The fact that Fender hasn't been expelled yet isn't your fault, either. Chillax. Let's change the topic, for once."

VICTORIA: "If Mr Wilks wants to be a misogynistic dweeb, that's on him. After all this backlash I don't think Fender's going to make any more moves on any more girls. We've stripped him of his power and his reputation, Gabi. I think now it's time to actually do our job."

GABI: "All we did was contribute to articles and spread rumours about him. I want to do something more substantial. I want to never see his face again."

RAYMOND: "Team up with the Indefinite Pronouns, then. Wreak havoc. Shoot him. They're the ones you should be turning to for help, not us. What can we do?"

GABI: "You can back me up, instead of being a bunch of pussies. Speaking of which, where's Oscar?"

ELSIE: "I think he's eating lunch with Fender."

GABI: (hardening) "Of course he is."

RAYMOND: "I'm hungry, actually. I think I'm going to go get food." (stands up)

GABI: "We barely started, Ray."

RAYMOND: "And we barely are never going to start, Gabriella."

VICTORIA: "That doesn't even make sense."

RAYMOND: "Peace." (leaves)

VICTORIA: "Sorry, Gabs. Look, I know it's really important to you to bring justice to Fender, but the topic is getting kind of tiring."

GABI: "Then drink a cup of coffee, Victoria, God. Doesn't anyone care about Emma and Olivia?"

ELSIE: "I'm sorry, but what's our evidence again?"

GABI: "God, where do I start? Fender's confessions, Emma's confession, the video."

ELSIE: "A quote written by another student on a piece of paper. An audio file that could have been edited. A twenty-second video taken at a party."

GABI: "Now you're starting to sound like Oscar."

ELSIE: "I don't mind sounding like Oscar. But Raymond's in the right ball park. We can't keep beating this dead horse when there are so many variables. Gabi, why don't you quit picking fruit from a naked tree and go talk to Fender and Emma themselves? You'd be doing us all a favour." (leaves)