Chapter Twenty-Six

"Regina, you are going to love this!" Henry enthusiastically announces, bouncing up and down with impatient energy buzzing through his veins.

Emma's tiny frame is buried behind the entertainment center, so she can assemble Henry's video game. Little grunts and puffs are complaining while her face is securely hidden, and Regina hates herself for finding this woman so adorable.

"I'm not sure if this is my kind of thing," she kindly replies in hopes that she doesn't offend the small child.

"It's okay, we will teach you and then I promise, you will like it." He smiles from ear to ear showing off each one of his pearly white teeth, eliciting a smile to form upon her lips.

"Evie?" Her daughter's head pops up from staring at the back of the game, reading everything the description has to offer thoroughly. "Have you played this game before?"

"Of course, mama," she answers through a small smile. "I used to play with Robin all the time before she left for New York."

"I see."

Well, now she feels rather idiotic for never playing the game before, but she won't allow the others to know just how nervous she truly is over a video game.

"Shit," Emma grumbles when her head connects with the entertainment center. She rubs the wounded area furiously, hoping to relieve some of the pain while she crawls out from behind the television and glares in Regina's direction. "Don't say a word," she threatens while Regina fights back her laughter.

"Come on, ma! I'm dying to play!" Henry shoves a controller into his mother's hand, encouraging Evie and Regina to take theirs as well.

"Okay, what do I need to know?" She questions, inspecting the many details of her controller. She doesn't believe she has played a video game since Nintendo 64 and she will not take a venture into how long ago that was.

Emma's finger comes into view, interrupting those awful thoughts of how old she truly is. "Okay, this is your gas." Her finger slides to the next button. "Your brake." The same digit glides across the controller to the left side. "This joystick controls your steering. Got it?"

"I believe so."

Emma sits down next to her, folding her legs like a kindergartener around the magic carpet for reading time. Evie and Henry are sitting on their knees, a few inches in front of their mothers, ready for the game to reach out and suck them into the screen. While Regina is still staring at her controller, allowing her fingers to glide across the buttons to become more acquainted with the damn thing.

The cheerful music begins, commanding her full attention toward the screen that's already glowing with every bright color imaginable. A rush of excitement and nerves tingle through her veins and out of her peripheral, she catches Emma scooting a little closer to the screen, just like the children.

"Okay Regina, you have to pick a character," Henry instructs as he peeks over his shoulder.

Brown eyes scan the cartoon characters blinking and waiting to be chosen for their sole purpose in life. Player one has selected Mario. Player two has chosen Yoshi. Player three picked Princess Peach and she assumes that's her daughter. Her thumb maneuvers the joystick down and over until she lands upon Bowser.