Epilogue

Six years later...

"Henry!" Her strong and assertive voice echoes and bounces off the walls as it searches for her stepson's ears.

"Shit," she very clearly hears him mutter before another familiar voice follows his lead.

"Who is it?"

"My mom."

"I know, but which one?"

"Regina," he sighs just as she makes her way into the den.

Her appearance forces the two teenagers to spring apart from their comfortable position on the couch. Violet nervously picks at the hem of her dress while Henry leaps to his feet, so he can prepare himself for the scolding he knows is about to come. That's when her daughter makes her presence known; from her stomping feet to her booming voice.

"You're dead!"

"Why? What did I do?" Henry feigns innocence, especially with his big doe eyes and long eyelashes that bat dramatically, reminding Regina so much of his mother.

"Maybe I should go," Violet awkwardly professes, but Henry rests his hand upon her shoulder, stilling her actions.

"It's alright, dear, you can stay, so you can see first-hand how big of idiots men can be," she sternly states while her eyes narrow in Henry's direction. "Did you or did you not embarrass your sister today in the middle of the cafeteria?"

Henry's thin lips press firmly together as his eyes dart over toward Evie for squealing. Green eyes versus brown, in a showdown that's been occurring since they were seven and would challenge one another.

"I did what needed to be done," Henry replies with conviction, but never once breaks eye contact with Evie.

"Mom, that's bull!"

"Evie," Regina draws out her name as a warning for her teen to watch her tone and language.

Evie throws her arms up in the air and exhales dramatically. "He has no right to threaten anybody I may or may not date!"

"It's Felix, Evie! Come on, a worm can do better than Felix," Henry bitterly fires back, rolling his dark green eyes, indicating that maybe Regina has rubbed off on him over the years.

"Whether you like him or not, doesn't matter!" Her daughter bellows, stomping down her foot from her irritation and causing Violet to flinch.

And Regina knows this poor girl is going to have to pick sides, between her best friend or her boyfriend.

"Do you not remember him spraining my ankle?" Henry growls, taking an angry step forward, challenging his sister to keep arguing with him.

"Oh my god, Henry, we were like seven!"

"It doesn't matter. Felix is scum. Find someone else," he demands, tossing his arm up in exasperation. "You're better than that, Eves, don't sell yourself short. You need someone with brains and who will show you respect." And Regina's heart softens, and her mouth cannot decide between a giddy smile or a frown. "Hate me all you want, but I did you a favor!" Henry declares with confidence causing her daughter to deflate.

Evie's shoulders slump and she breathes out a heavy sigh. She won't ever admit it, but she knows in that moment, Henry had her back. She's just as stubborn now, if not more, than she was a few years ago and she will never tell him that he is right.

"Whatever," she grumbles, tossing her arms recklessly into the air again before she stomps away, because again, she will never admit to Henry that he was looking out for her earlier.