Chapter Thirty-Three

"Where would you like this box?" His boring voice resonates from behind her, instantly annoying her.

Regina spins around on her heel to meet her brother-in-law, carrying a rather small box for a man his size. She forces herself not to roll her eyes because everything about him agitates her.

"Um, I'm not sure. What's inside?" She questions, taking a few steps forward to inspect what he's carrying.

"It says bedroom," he states flatly, glancing at the scribble marking the top of the box from her girlfriend.

"Well, then I guess that means it belongs in my bedroom," she sarcastically quips, but he rolls his eyes in return and chooses not to comment.

Robin ignores her rudeness, just as he always has over the past twenty years. She scoffs to herself and refocuses on her previous task, separating the boxes that Robin carelessly piled into one room before she explained what the purpose of the writing on each box is there for.

"Regina," her sister's high-pitched shriek echoes through her foyer. "There's a lot more stuff out here, don't you think you should be helping?"

"Well, if your husband could comprehend more information than just hunting in that minuscule brain of his, then I wouldn't be stuck here sorting the boxes he carelessly tossed in one room," she fires back as her patience slowly slips through her fingertips from the long and strenuous day.

"At least he's helping," she sighs heavily and drops a box onto the couch. "He's trying, Regina."

"I know," she exhales loudly, knowing that if this was the old Robin, he would have stayed at home drinking instead of offering to help and she has to give him some credit for that.

Her sister wraps her arms around her shoulders and hugs Regina from the side. "I'm so happy for you," she whispers into her ear before she places a quick peck to her cheek.

Regina lightly pats her forearms and smiles with nothing but excitement. "Thank you. I know this time it will be different."

"I could not agree more."

"Hey, uh, a little help you two," Emma groans, stepping into the home with her arms full from one rather large box. Luckily, Robin comes tramping down the stairs, causing a ruckus just as Emma is about to attempt the climb. "Oh nice, here you go." Emma passes the box to Robin without a second thought. "Henry's room," she delegates before she rushes back outside.

"We should probably get back out there before your girlfriend yells at us again," Zelena quips with their infamous Mills' eye roll, promoting Regina to shove the feisty woman toward the door.

It's been a little over a year now since she and Emma have become an actual couple. They are almost to the end of April, which means their children are almost finished with fourth grade. Evie will be turning ten in two short months, and then, she and Henry will be off to fifth grade. Just thinking about fifth grade makes Regina physically nauseous. When she first met Emma, their babies were just finishing second grade and now they will have two fifth graders in one house.

She had asked Emma and Henry to move in about a month ago and both mother and son could not have expressed just how thrilled they actually were, even if they tried. They decided to live in Regina's townhouse, so that way Mary Margret can continue living in Emma's home.

Regina follows her sister out of her home and makes her way to her car. She pops open the trunk and begins unloading a box, but that's as far as she gets, because two strong hands grip her hips, yanking her bottom into Emma's front.

"Bubble bath tonight for the both of us," Emma declares in her ear, sending delicious shivers to run down her spine.

Those thin lips press into the sensitive spot beneath Regina's ear, and judging by the wetness, she knows her girlfriend just licked her lips before kissing her.