Chapter 5

(Ethan's POV)

"How the hell did you do that," Mark yelled at Dark, pissed off. He did a good job keeping himself calm but even I was shocked and horrified. It was hard to see any details from where I stood but I could see their small form, panicking. How long have they been in there? I notice the gashes through the lid and looked back at the counter. 'At least he didn't do that with them in there.' I shuddered at the thought.

"It was quite easy, really" Anti spoke up smugly, leaning against a wall near me while he examined his knife. "All it took was gaining some trust and a prick in the neck." He said cockily. He went to continue taunting us but Mark yelled out,

"How dare you get innocent people involved in our rivalry! This is between me and him, you shouldn't even be here! This is low, even for you two." Anti just chuckled, riling Mark up more but I put my hand on Mark's shoulder before he could respond to bring him back to his senses.

"This is exactly what they want, don't let them get to you," I whispered to him. Mark nodded, taking heavy breaths to calm down.

"The poor lass was so upset and tried to leave halfway through the show but we couldn't let them miss the grande finally of your 'big tour' now could we? I figured I could cheer them up by taking them to meet their favorite youtuber, but it doesn't seem to be working." He mocked, chuckling as the fan was shaking out of their wits.

"How do I know this isn't an illusion?" Mark spoke up in a weird tone. I don't think they caught on but I could tell he had something up his sleeves. Dark sighed in irritation began to unscrew the jar. 'Nice thinking Mark.' I cheered in my head, watching intensely. Dark then tilted the jar, causing the small figure to fall into his grasp before he encased them in a fist.

"You might know them, you did just meet recently." He said, smirking, showing Mark the person without letting them out of their grip. Mark's eyes lit up with realization and worry. "Not convinced?" Dark asked slyly, "Look they can even feel pain." He said before tightening his grip, causing the small figure to yell out in pain. He didn't stop until Mark yelled out,

"I believe you, you can stop!" He begged, not wanting to injure the person. Damn, looks like that didn't work out how I thought it would. I thought as I mentally hit myself for thinking they'd actually be dumb enough to let Mark even touch a hair of their advantage or that they wouldn't notice. Dark stopped instantly, giving an irritated smile as he brought his hand back over the jar, dropping them without a care before screwing the lid back on.

I winced as the sound of their body collided with the bottom of the jar, even Anti seemed a bit concerned. I watched in worry, hoping the fan would move or give any indication of being alive. I quietly sighed in relief when they shakingly pushed themselves up, leaning against the wall of the jar for support. That's when Anti looked away, going over to the black bag on the counter.

"What will you do if I don't agree?" Mark asked, trying to stall enough time for him to think of a new plan without agreeing to his deal.

Dark replied but I didn't pay attention as I slowly started to circle around the table. Maybe if Mark kept the attention on him for long enough I could sneak around and grab the jar while Dark was too busy answering Mark's questions. I could feel my hands getting clammy as I got closer to getting behind Dark. I didn't want to keep my eyes glued on him for he might feel my gaze but if I didn't watch when his head was slightly tilted my way then I might get caught. I somehow made it behind him, now if I could just carefully reach over his shoulder and grab the jar. Mark did his best to keep his gaze off me, not wanting to alert Dark of my presence.

"Where the hell do you think you're going blue boi?" Anti mocked, roughly grabbing my shoulder. My heart froze, my mouth going dry. Anti dragged me over towards Mark as Dark glared at me. Dark suddenly slammed his hands onto the table, standing up.

"I'm done with you're stalling, do you agree to the deal or not." Dark snarled. Mark also froze up, contemplating his answer. Dark rolled his eyes at Mark's hesitation, grabbing the jar. "You have ten seconds before I chuck this across the damn room! Do you accept or not!" He threatened, his ring filled the air as the area around him got more monotone.

Suddenly the lights were turned off, making Mark jump into action. I could barely see what was going on but through the moon's light into the room, I saw Mark tackle Dark to the ground, causing him to drop the jar. I tried to listen to whether the jar broke or not but the sound of the chairs and table clattering to the ground make it impossible. I got onto my hands and knees, feeling around for the jar or broken glass, hoping my eyes would adjust soon.

Anti stepped over me, walking towards what I could assume was the jar. 'Of course, he can see in the dark.' I grumbled, quickly latching onto his ankle, causing him to fall to the ground.

"You'll pay for that." He growled, tackling me. I let out a small shriek as I saw the glint of his knife aimed over my chest. I quickly used both of my hands to hold his hand away from me but his other hand shot towards my neck, instantly cutting off my oxygen. I couldn't decide whether to try and pry off his other hand with my own but I could barely keep one of his hand from stabbing me.

"Mark." I gasped out what I could though it was barely audible. "The jar," I said, causing Anti's grip to tighten.

"A little- busy," Mark grunted, he must be wrestling Dark from getting the upper hand on him. I tried to think of a solution when a dumb thought popped into my mind. Who turned off the lights? There were footsteps near me that suddenly began to run

"Enough!" A voice yelled out as a lamp was turned on near the beds. Anti's grip loosened, allowing me enough time to buck him off me. I gasped for air as I looked to see who had turned the lamp on. Tyler?

Word count_1161