Chapter 9

(3rd POV)

"What do you mean Anti came out of the screen?" Jack asked skeptically as Ethan explained what (Y/n) had told him. Mark, Jack, and Ethan all stood around the kitchen counter, speaking about the recent events. Ethan had placed (Y/n) in the care of Signe, not wanting them to get close to harm again as he told the situation to the others.

"I mean he almost took (Y/n) away again. What do you mean 'Anti came out of the screen', he's your ego, you should know his powers and warned me earlier." He said, raising his voice in anger, irritated at Jack's remark. Jack furrowed his eyebrows,

"He is my ego, and I know what power he has and that's not one of them." He stated, angered by Ethan's remark. Ethan went to retort but froze, a sudden look of concern on his face.

"Does that mean, Anti has some new powers now?" he asked hesitantly, not wanting his statement to be true. It seemed to click for Jack but he shook his head,

"No, that's not possible. Anti hasn't gained anything since his first existence. I would've known or felt if he gained something. It must've just been an illusion or a dream." He deflected.

"Maybe this has to do something with his deal with Dark," Mark spoke up, who had been awfully quiet throughout the whole argument. They both froze, looking over at Mark. " I mean, why else would they try to work together? It isn't all fun and games for them. They're after something that they'll both benefit from and if we don't find out what that is then we won't be prepared when they get what they want." He said. He went to continue but Jack interrupted,

" That can't be it though. Anti wouldn't team up with Dark for some lousy new powers, he'd steal them or find out a way to get them himself. He isn't exactly the type to work with others. And you know his and Dark's relationship wasn't the best till a few days ago" He folded his arms across his chest, looking at Mark to see if he could counter his statement.

"Look, it doesn't matter what they're plotting as long as we can get (Y/n) back to normal. If they don't have the bait then they can't go through with their deal." Ethan stated

"Even if we get them back to normal, how do we know all our other fans are safe? They could be collecting fans by the hundreds for all we know." Jack said.

"If they had more of, whatever they used, they wouldn't make more sense for them to take more fans first?" Mark replied. The two began to bicker between each other about what Dark and Anti's goals were until Ethan stopped them,

"Enough. It doesn't matter if they'll get more fans later, we'll deal with it when it happens. Right now we have a scared, confused fan who's been shrunken down by your egos and is in danger. Who knows how much their family and friends are worried about them. We can deal with their scheme later, right now we have to help (Y/n) who shouldn't even be in this situation in the first place." Ethan ranted, silencing the two. They both looked at each other then back at Ethan and agreed.

(Your POV)

Meeting Signe was very relaxing. She didn't try to bring up anything about my situation and we just talked about our hobbies for the most part. Right now I was laying on my stomach, using a broken led piece to draw my favorite cacti of hers that she showed me. Even though the led was coaxing my hand in graphite, it was nice to kinda forget about the situation for a while and just draw. Signe was above me, drawing something but I couldn't tell what it was since it was too big for me to see the whole picture.

I heard the door crack open, turning around to see Jack poke his head in. I still jumped, not fully trusting him yet since Anti could disguise himself as Jack whenever he took control.

"Hey Signe, a little birdie told me our guest was hanging with you." He said, slipping into the room and closing the door behind him. I sat up, my hand smudging graphite onto the paper. My heart began to beat faster, wondering why he had to close the door behind him.

"Hey Sean!" Signe gushed, standing up from her chair and hugged Jack. I gave a wary look as Jack's eyes landed on me. He ended the hug and slowly came up to me, squatting down to be at face level with me.

"Hey! I'm Jack, or Sean if you prefer, it's nice to finally meet you." He said, smiling. He held his finger out for me to shake. I hesitated, looking up at Signe for reassurance before accepting the 'hand'shake. He placed his hand against his knee before sighing,

"I'm sorry for Anti dragging you into this. It isn't typical for him to drag people into our quarrels, even Signe, but I promise you we'll fix this as soon as possible." He tried to reassure me, though it seemed as if he was talking to himself as well. "Did he hurt you in any way?" Sean asked, Signe had a look of 'he'll be wishing he didn't if he did.'

"Not, really. It was mostly Dark." I mumbled, scoffing my heel against the 'floor', not really wanting to talk about it. Sean had rage in his eyes but kept it at bay,

"Do you know how Anti shrunk you?" he pushed on, wanting more information. I whipped a stray tear that fell from my eye, my body physically hurting remembering everything that happened.

"N-n-n-n-not rea-a-ally. He- he just gave me a hug and then I felt a prick on my neck before a searing pain traveled through my body." I said, stuttering, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"What did Dark injure-" Jack went to ask but was stopped by Signe who touched his shoulder. He looked up at her as she pointed towards me. He glanced back at me and saw my shaken look, guilt filling his eyes.

"I think that's enough interrogation for tonight," Signe said as Jack stood up.

"Sorry about that, I was lost in the moment." Jack apologized and I accepted, wrapping my arms around to stop the shaking. "Hey, I have a few close friends who can bandage and take care of your injuries and might be able to fix your shrunken form. Would you like to go with me to meet them? It might be safer to stay there anyways, they know how to handle Anti." he asked, but continued when he saw the worry on my face, "Mark and Ethan will come too! Though Signe will be holding down the fort." He stated, offering his hand out for me to climb on. I looked up at him, then signe, then back to his hand, debating whether I should go.

It's not like I had many other options to go other than staying small forever. I hesitantly walked onto Jack's hand, feeling his fingers twitch from my sudden weight. I sat at the center of his palm and look up at Jack who gave me a reassuring smile before slowly lifting me up towards his chest and walking out of the room.

(Again, I can't promise consistent updates or a bunch of updates for all my stories, I just happened to finish most of my homework and had a day off today. Plus NuclearSugarBomb's recent oneshot REALLY inspired me. If you haven't checked it out, you really should! It's probably one of my favorite prompts at the moment and I can't help but re-read it and get excited to write myself. Anyways, I hope to at least update one or two stories every week so we'll see how this goes. I just hate the fact I lost all the time I used to have to write but I refuse to give up on writing! I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to check out NuclearSugarBomb's oneshots!)