Chapter 11

(Your POV)

My heart was pounding as I shot up from my lying position, trying to open my eyes but the light was too bright for me. I felt overwhelmed as a multitude of voices invaded my ears. It was hard to make out a single word with all the chaos. I was confused, wasn't I supposed to be in Mark's pocket? It was cold and instead of being in the soft plush pocket I was on a cool slick surface.

"Everyone, silence!" A strong accented voice yelled louder than the other voices, causing them to die down. I winced, trying to see what was going on before I had a panic attack. There were people all surrounding me, well, more towering over me like a specimen. My eyes finally locked onto the man in front of me, a doctor. He wore a blue surgical mask and a stereotypical lab coat. "Hello (Y/n)! It's great to zee you're up and well!" He cheered, his baby blues shining brightly in the artificial light.

My head was spinning in confusion from the dinner to this. Then suddenly it was like everything clicked in my mind, I've seen this man before. "Where am I!" I cried out, backing away from the man. He was in that video with Anti. Images of the doctor strangling himself with a power cord invaded my mind, fueling my fear. "Where's Ethan!". As I scooted away from the doctor, my hand met with air and I quickly caught myself from falling off. I looked behind me to see a pair of feet.

My eyes widened, forgetting there were others in the room. I looked up to another jack replica. He wore a full body suit that was a blaring red with a blue mask. "Not to worry, your friends are safe with us!" He said, posing in a heroic way. That didn't help my nerves. Suddenly I was flooded with questions from the others around me, those I hadn't even gotten a chance to look at. I tried to process what was being said but couldn't, I covered my ears but each word pounded into my skull. The noise slowly began to become muffled, as if I was underwater. My heart pounded louder than everything else, my blood pulsing with every staggered breath. It was hard to see, I couldn't breathe, it felt like I was made of stone. I gasped like a fish for air but to no avail.

"Breathe.." A familiar voice rang through my head. I listened. The word slowly lost its color, slowing down almost to a standstill. I focused on myself, breathing in and out, in and out. Black inklings begin to fill the corners of my vision but I didn't mind, the muffled sounds being drowned out by the monotone ringing that was slowly rising in volume. It was a peaceful hum, luring me to its sweet lullaby.

BANG. The ringing instantly stopped, my vision returning to normal, my heart didn't pound through my head anymore. I snapped my head over towards the sound, a figure stood in the doorway, his face barely illuminated from the bright light above me. "I told you guys to wait for me before introducing yourselves. Only Sncheep should've been in here," he said, walking towards the table, it was Jack. The others shuffled back, away from the table I was on. "How bad were the injuries?" Jack asked as he carefully scooped me up from the cold surface. I noticed how the room was finally silent.

The doctor, schneep, stuttered, shuffling through what sounded like papers. I couldn't see though, as Jack had cocooned me in his hands, only small gaps allowing some light in. "Well, I've never worked on a patient that small though aside from the bruising and minor cuts they should be fine within the next few days. They did have a major concussion though with Marvin's help I well able to minimize it. It's obvious to see they've gone through a lot of trauma though and I'm surprised they're handling it as well as they are though I do have medicine they'll have to take daily to help their stress levels. I also replaced the bandages and I would be careful as their ankle is a little sprained but I doubt they'll be doing much walking around here. I would suggest washing the injuries and replacing the bandages daily to minimize the possibility of infection." schneep explained.

"Thank you so much for helping." Jack thanked, the world around me began to move and I gripped onto one of his fingers for support.

"Not a problem," Shcneep said. Jack whispered something to the doctor before leaving. I couldn't catch it as my mind was still processing all the other chaos that had just occurred.

"I'm sorry about that, I told them to wait but they were a little excited to meet you." Jack apologized as he walked. I could feel the vibration of his voice from how close he was holding me to his chest. I wanted to look up at him but he kept both of his hands over me.

"Who were they?" I asked. Jack took a breath as if he didn't know how to answer.

"Well." He started, "you know how Anti and Dark are different versions of us?" He asked, my heart froze at the mention of his name. I nodded but realized he couldn't see me,

"Yeah." I stuttered

"Well there more, but they aren't all bad." He began to explain, "there's many but anti is my only bad ego." He stopped walking. "Would you like to meet the ego who might be able to cure you?" I gasped, a cure? I hadn't even thought about the possibility of being normal since I was shrunk.

He took my reaction as a yes, taking his top hand off the cocoon he made and opened the door. The room looked like it was pulled out of a fantasy book. Shelves filled with mysterious leather books, wands, potions, you name it. A man sat in an old wood chair, reading a book filled with mysterious runes. He wore a cat mask with a stereotypical magician cape and a blue casual shirt. His hair was long and cool dark green. He jumped, turning towards us.

"Oh, Jack! I didn't see you there." He said, "what do I owe you the pleasure of visiting?" He asked

"The rest are waiting out in the living room to hear how long it'll take to find an antidote to whatever anti did to (y/n)" he told him, holding me out towards the ego. It was hard to see because of the mask but the man's eyes widened,

"My potion actually worked?" He muttered, causing me to pale. He noticed I heard him and quickly corrected himself, "I mean of course it worked!" He looked at Jack who gave him a doubtful expression and chuckled nervously, "Let's go tell the others how long it'll take." He stuttered, I didn't like where this was going.

Jack left the room, walking down the hall towards another door. He opened it and I was happy to finally see a few familiar faces. Jack must've noticed and walked over to Ethan, setting me down in his hands. Ethan instantly brought me towards his face.

"I'm glad to see your ok! They didn't hurt you, did they?" He whispered, giving me a cheek hug. I smiled, feeling more comfortable in the foreign place.

"I'm fine," I said. He brought me back in front of his face and smiled. He raised his hand towards his shoulder and I carefully stepped off, holding onto his hoodie, curling up besides it.

Jack sat down by mark and Marvin stood in front of us, nervously fighting with his hands. "So a couple of weeks ago Anti had stolen one of my potions without my acknowledgment and has used it for a horrible reason." He began to explain, gesturing towards me, " without the original potion it'll take me a couple of days to recreate it to find the antidote, tho I'm not sure how long it'll take to create said antidote." He said, his words getting quieter the longer he explained.

" do you have an estimated time?" Ethan spoke up, causing me to jump. Marvin pauses, twiddling his thumbs,

"A month?" He said, his voice cracking at the point. The entire room seemed to freeze, as if time had suddenly stopped working. The atmosphere was tense, not one daring to speak up about the given information. "Though it could be shorter! Just at most a month." Marvin defended, hating having everyone staring at him. Jack sighed and stood up.

"Thank you, Marvin, for doing this, it means a lot," he said, giving him a hug. Marvin seemed shocked but returned the hug.

"No worries, it's my fault I didn't keep a better eye on my potions. Well, I'll be heading off now to work on recreating the potion," he said, quickly walking out of the room. Looks like I'll have to get used to this size for awhile... 

(what's this an update? impossible.)