The Telekenisis

Sorry for the late update, I got busy today
----------------------
Millie's POV

"Can we do some more hands on learning today?" I ask the woman who sat on her bed reading poems written by Edgar Allen Poe. She sat her book down beside her and glanced up at me with a smile. "What did you have in mind?" She questions. I do wanna learn one thing that Noni knows how to do well. She can move things with her mind and sometimes she points at them to make them move too. I've been wanting to learn how to do that since she showed me.

I sat up straight on my bed, my feet dangling over the side. "I wanna learn how to move things." I say with confidence. Winona shot me a goofy smile. She picked up the book from beside her and waved it around in the air s bit. I giggle at her lame joke and she laughs as well. "So you wanna know how to move things with your mind, huh?" The woman inquired. I calm down from my giggling fit and nod. Noni sat up and stood out of bed, I follow her.

We stand in the middle of the living room with her Edgar Allen Poe book in her hands. Winona stood a few feet away in front of me before explaining everything. "So you're just gonna move this book out of my hands and into yours. All you gotta do is concentrate, got it?" I nod with a smile. I glare at that book in her hands, focusing. It doesn't move at all. Am I doing something wrong? I concentrate harder on the object, still no movement. I let out a breath and stomp my foot. It's not working.

"Damn it, why can't I do it?" I shout. Noni let out a sigh. "I know it can be a little hard the first time, but you have to really concentrate." She pushes. I stare at the book once again and try to imagine it floating, thinking that's how it's done. The more I stare at the still object, the less confident I feel. I groan in frustration. "I can't do it, Noni. Why can't I do it?" I whine.

The short thin woman rushed over to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Sweetie it's alright. You don't have to do this today." She comforts me. I want to do this, I've been wanting to do this for days. Maybe she's right, I should just give up. No, I can't give up. I want to learn. "I wanna do this today, right now." I mutter with crossed arms and a frown.

Noni nods. "Okay, just relax and focus. Close your eyes and clear your mind, and when you open them, focus." She explains again as she backed away and held the book up in her hands. I do as she said. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. I let my mind go blank like I'm emptying out all of my thoughts and worries. After a few more deep breaths, I open my eyes to look at that book. It's simple, I just lift it into the air. I stare at it, wishing for it to move.

I see it go up just a bit. It went up higher and higher. I hear Winona gasp as I bring it towards me slowly. It was above my head just standing in the air. I no longer concentrate on keeping it there and it falls. I quickly hold my hands out to catch it. The book of poems lands in my arms and I smile. I hear clapping and look up to see Noni standing there with the biggest smile cheering for me.

"Congratulations, baby! You did so well!" She yelps as she ran towards me to wrap her arms around me. I was happy too. I finally learned how to move things with my mind. "Thanks Noni. I couldn't have done it without you." I thank the woman she looks at me with a proud smile. "Now don't try to move big things just yet. Stick with small objects until you're ready." Winona informs me. I nodded. My family would be so proud of me.

Too bad they're not here. My smile fades at the thought of them. I miss them so much it hurts. "What's the matter, honey?" Noni asked in concern. I frown as eyes grow watery. I miss my mom and my dad and my older brother and my sisters. I miss my friends and my neighbors. I miss everyone, but I can't see them now because they're all sad miserable. I hate to see them all so sad.

I begin crying as I think of things I never got to do when I was alive. I'll never get to pass eight grade and go to high school with Sadie. I'll never get to hug my family without walking through them. I'll never get to date my crush Finn Wolfhard. I like him a lot and he could of been my first boyfriend, but I'm dead. I sob more and more while Winona held me close to her and stroked my hair. "It's okay, cupcake. Noni's got you." She whispers to calm me down.

I pull away from the hug to wipe my eyes. "I'm sorry I just... wanted to do so much more in life and I'll never get to do those things." I said. Winona rubs circles on my back. "You can still do all the things you wanted to do while you're a spirit. Don't doubt yourself." She said. I nod and flash a smile at the woman. She's right, maybe I can do all of those things while I'm a ghost. "Thanks Noni." I whisper and hug her again. I'm so lucky to have Winona in my afterlife.