The Council

Millie's POV

We were no longer in spirit town, Finn and I had been blown away to this empty place. There was nothing around us, just blank. "Where are we? Do you think this is limbo?" I ask the boy who kept his arms tight around my back while I was clinging onto his shirt. "Possibly. Or maybe that monster just blew the whole town away." "That is not what happened at all." A stern female voice says from behind, causing both Finn and I to jump a little before turning around.

There was this big pillar like desk and behind it stood four people. There was a man on the far left with short blonde hair that had been styled and blue. He also had a thin mustache just above his lip. Beside him was another man who had a head full of brown hair that stood perfectly atop his head and he had nice tan skin almost. To his right was a woman with almost short wavy brown hair and pale skin with pink lips and almond eyes. And finally there was a man on the far right who had dirty blonde hair and dark eyes.

"Who are you guys? Where are we?" I ask the people who look down at us in anger. The lady crossed her arms. "You're in our office. You were being very disruptive to the spirit town and now we don't know what to do with you. So as members from the Spirit Council, we will have a small debate on your punishment." "It's not really a punishment, Natalia. It could be positive." The guy on the right tells in an english accent like mine.

The lady, who I now know as Natalia, shoots him a stern look. They're pretty intimidating the Spirit Council. "You know damn well they aren't leaving with positivity, Charlie. They destroyed our project by summoning the shadow monster somehow!" The brunette woman spat out making Finn hold me closer, if that was even possible. I'm very scared of what the consequences will be. What if Finn gets sent back to that awful place and I have to spend an eternity in the spirit world?

"They didn't summon him, in fact they had no intention to even see him. There was a glitch behind this young lady's window." The man on the other side of the woman says holding up a tablet for them to see. A glitch? What kind of glitch? I'm scared to ask, but I want to know. "Excuse, what kind of glitch happened?" I shyly ask. Natalia looks up at me in furry. "You don't get to speak!" She responds harshly.

I jump a little at her tone and her words. I'm a little jumpy right now because I'm nervous and scared. "Natalia, could you please just talk to these kids a little nicer? Sorry about that you two, I'm Joe by the way." He introduced himself with a kind smile. He put his iPad down flat on the desk before looking down at Finn and I to explain everything.

"So there is a spirit world and then there is an under world, which we four don't have control over at all. The spirit world and the under world are different because if you land in the spirit world, we clean you up and you get to live in a lovely little home in a town where you can interact with other spirits who are there. Now the under world are these little itty bitty boxes that we as a team had vanished to the other side of the sky and in those boxes are people who have been sent to the under world for bad reasons and there's one person in each box and the shadow monster watches over them constantly to sometimes punish them."

That was a lot to take in. How did Finn's hell get to my window and why was Finn sent there? He's a good boy. "How did I get to the under world?" The boy asked the people who were all looking busy. Charlie was writing, Natalia was reading something and Joe was typing something on his tablet. There was one last person who we didn't know and was not busy at all. "Well your friend here committed suicide and all people who commit suicide are sent to the under world." He informed us in a thick Australian accent.

I can't believe Finn was sent to the under world for killing him self for me. Why couldn't he just have waited for me to see him again? I mean I did say I never wanted to again, but I was going to today. Now we are talking to these strangers. "It's not just filled with suicidal people, there are also people who did not lead a good life, Dacre." Natalia corrects him. He shrugged and sat back in his chair. She rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration. "I just took a look at the outside of-...sorry, what is your name dear?" Joe asks me kindly before continuing.

"Oh, it's Millie." I replied quickly. He nods and looks back at the screen. "I just took a look outside of Millie's home and saw that the shadow monster built Finn's hell right outside her window. Somehow he broke into the dome and I think we need better security." Joe explained. Natalia looked annoyed and irritated at this point. "I don't care how or what happened, the answer is simple, send the boy back! Send the boy back!" She shouts and pounds her fist on the table.

Finn holds me tighter. "Natalia, calm down. Can we please hear their side of the story before sending them anywhere?" Charlie questions calmly with a hand on her shoulder. She crossed her arms and stares us down. "Son, why would you do something like taking out your own life at such a young age?" He queries. Finn let go of me for the first time since we got here and took a step forward. "All I wanted was to see her. I couldn't live without Millie in my life because she was my life."

I smile at his words and put my hands over my heart. "I know my parents always tell me to never fall in love at a young age because it wouldn't be real love, but that's all total bull. I'm in love with Millie and it is real. I wanted to be with her forever, I wasn't expecting to be sent to hell. If you're gonna punish anybody, punish me. I was stupid enough to believe that if I killed my self that I'd be sent to heaven with Millie, but I don't deserve to live in such a utopia."

My smile drops at his last words and he turns to look back at me with a bite of his lip scrunching his eyebrows. He can't leave me, he's come here with a purpose. I need him here with me because then he'd have just died for nothing. He wants me! "Awe, couple goals." Dacre says leaning his elbows on the desk to look down at us. I flash a smile up at him and notice that everyone was now looking down at Finn. "Well...I guess maybe you could possibly stay in our project, but you'd have to stay in the orphanage because you don't have a-" A ding coming from Charlie's phone had interrupted him and he took a moment to look at it. He smiles and looks back down at Finn.

"You'll be sent to your guardian angel's home. I think you'll like where it's located." He finishes. Guardian angel? How did Finn get a guardian so quickly? "Alright you two, I'll send you back to the spirit world and you better stay out of trouble." Charlie says seriously. Out of excitement, I run into Finn's arms and I jump up squealing and cheering while he spins me around. This is the happiest I've ever been here. "Goodbye you crazy kids." Charlie adds.

I turn to look at them, dying to ask them something. "Wait, before you kick us out, could you please make the world a little less plain?" Dacre smiles and looks down the table at the three people beside him. "I'll see what I can do, since I am the one who is supposed to design the project, right Natalia?" He asked smugly. The woman rolls her eyes and rubs her temples. My smile grew wider. "Enough hand holding, you're being sent to two different places." Charlie instructed us. I hesitated to let go of Finn's hand and close my eyes. Then, we were sent back.

----------------------

One more chapter, who's ready?👻