The Candy

-
2 years ago
Finn's POV

"Gaten, quit it!" I scream as he pushes me towards this creepy clown mannequin in front of somebody's house. Tonight is Halloween and us four boys were walking to my house to get our costumes and maybe find out which houses have the best treats. The girls were going to Millie's house and said they'd meet us around the neighborhood, but didn't give us an exact location. Strange.

The boys laugh at me as we continue to walk. I heard small giggles coming from the couple of girls that walk ahead of us. Millie turns her head around to look at me and my face turns red. The brunette turns her head around and I keep my gaze on her. She's so beautiful. "Are you sure Mr.Hank has the best candy, Noah? Last year he gave us pencils that looked like licorice and I got a splinter in my gum." Caleb says. I couldn't even pay attention to the guys conversation. All I could focus on was her.

She looks up at Sadie with a big smile and a nod. Her eyes looked so big and bright. Her current hairstyle, short and curly hair, made her face look slimmer. I liked everything about her. The way she walked, the way she laughed, the way she looked down at the ground when I complimented her outfit earlier, everything.

"Finn? Finn? Hello?" Noah's voice snapped me out of my daze. I shook my head a little and blinked before looking down at him. "What?" I ask in confusion. He rolls his eyes with a shake of his head. "Are you sure your mom has our costumes ready? Even the proton blasters?" The young boy questioned. I glance up at Millie one last time and see that she turns her head again to look back at me with a big grin. I look away shyly with a nod. "Yeah, she's got everything all set." Noah nods.

-

The four of us guys walk down the street with half full pillow cases while we mumble the Ghostbusters theme song. That was what we all agreed to be this year. We still haven't seen Sadie and Millie yet, but I'm sure if we keep walking around we'll find them. "Guys, this house! I swear they have the best candy!" Gaten exclaims as he runs up to the front door. Noah, Caleb, and I all exchange glances before catching up to Gaten who had already rung the doorbell.

We all stood there with big smiles, ready to gather some more sweets. The front door opens to a tall woman with short brown hair and a smile. "Trick or treat!" The four of us say in unison. The woman smiles bigger. "Why, aren't you cute little exterminators!" She shouts and holds out a big bowl of 3 Musketeers. I was offended by her comment and disgusted by the candy she had to offer. We all grabbed a piece and turned around to walk back to the road.

"If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself!" Caleb exclaimed once we were far away from the front door. I wasn't even listening to the boys talk about their favorite candies and what not. I was still looking around for Millie. Where could she be? Maybe she's hiding from us. Maybe she's hiding in plain sight and I don't even see her. Please Millie, come to me.

Suddenly, a person dressed as Michael Myers jumps out from behind a bush and screams at us behind a rubber mask while waving a knife around. Caleb screams the loudest and tries to back away from them. I was just slightly startled. Then another person, who had a plain white sheet draped over them with eye holes cut out, walks out from behind the bush and stands beside the Michael Myers. "Boo!" She shouts. I recognize that English accent and smile.

"Look guys, I'm a ghost! I overheard you guys talking about dressing up as ghostbusters a few weeks ago and I wanted to be a ghost for you guys." Millie explains. The six of us laugh as Sadie removed her scary mask. "Caleb, who screams like that!? You sounded like a little girl!" She exclaims between chuckles. We all laughed louder as Caleb now rolls his eyes with a sigh. I gaze up at Millie and see her approach me with that sheet still over her body. She had an orange pumpkin pale in her hand and it was full to the brim with all the good candy like Skittles and Starburst.

"Hey." She says. I couldn't see her mouth from underneath her costume, but I could sense that she was smiling by the tone of her voice. I smile back at her. "Hey. Don't go too crazy or else I'll have to get my proton blaster on you." I joke. I know she didn't understand anything I just said because she's never seen Ghostbusters, but she laughed genuinely and steps closer to me. I blush a little.

Her laughter dies down after a while and we just stood there looking into each other's eyes. I couldn't help but get lost in them. She's just so damn beautiful. "Hey Finn, Sadie is gonna take us to the good houses." Noah informs me as I see Sadie walking beside Caleb and Gaten while they laugh and she begs them to stop with a giggle. I nod to him and he trails behind the trio. I soon follow loosely behind them while Millie walks beside me.

The kind brunette grabs a pack of nerds from her bucket of candy and hands it to me. "Want some nerds? I know they're your favorite." She offers. I grin and take the little box from her as I thank her. I open it up and dump the whole thing in my mouth. I heard a wrapper being ripped open and look down at the girl. She opened up a bag of pretzels with a little pumpkin on it. She glanced up at me while she hands me her pumpkin. "You can have all of this, I don't really want it." She said. I giggle as I take the whole thing and pour everything into my pillowcase. Then I toss the bucket behind me without a care as she had her arms under the sheet. I could hear her munching on those pretzels.-

----------------------

Last week I asked y'all what the third stage of grief is and it is BARGAINING!! Here are the people who guessed it right:

lollypop4343
_danee_
Booknrd187
KarinaIsabelle04
fluffywheeler
xxangelhorsesxx
fillieforlifebro

Congratulations!

Now I don't know when I'll give a shoutout to the people who answered the third question from last week (I might not even do it at all) but just wait and see. Also I'm not sure what bargaining means but I'll do some research and if any of you could explain it to me and help me out that'd be much appreciated.❤️