The Love

Millie's POV

I brushed my hair in the bathroom after getting out of the shower. I think I'm getting used to being a spirit now. I miss talking to my friends and family though, I only have Noni to talk to. Wynona actually went on a date with our neighbor David. I had to force her to ask him out. I wish I could go on a date with someone. I've always wanted to go on a movie date with Finn Wolfhard and then after the movie we'd go back to my place or his place and stay up till midnight just talking about everything. Then we'd kiss and it would be the most magnificent kiss ever.

"Honey, I'm home!" My guardian angel calls out to me after I heard the door open and close. I sat my brush down on the counter and went out to go ask Noni about her date. I saw her in the kitchen smiling and humming as she made herself a glass of water. "So how was it? Where did you two crazy kids go?" I coo as I climbed onto a stool at the bar facing her. The woman looks up at me with a huge grin. "It was amazing! So first we went to this Mexican restaurant that he likes and I told him that I have a spirit daughter and he said he's always wanted to have kids when he was alive so he might adopt one here."

I gush at how cute that is. Maybe they could get married and I'll be their kid. I'll have a whole ghost family. "After the restaurant, we went to a museum and looked at all the pretty and colorful art and while we were there, guess who we bumped into." She said. I shrug in confusion. How can I guess when I don't know anyone here? "Van Gough! We met Vincent Van Gough at the museum! Though the reason why he was visiting the museum is pretty sad." The woman exclaimed.

I can't believe she met a painter. I wonder what was sad about his visit to the museum. "Why was there?" I ask. Noni sighs after finally taking a sip of water. "Council wants to get rid of some of his art because they think he's a bad influence. Council has been a lot more strict lately, they're even sending some people to the bad world if they slip up once." She explains. I pinch my brows. Bad influence? I mean yeah he might have cut off his ear and eaten some of his paint when he was alive, but his art is beautiful. The man can paint. Also what is this bad world Noni talks about?

"That sucks. So are you going on another date with David soon?" I inquired. Wynona, without any hesitation or even thinking about it, replies. "Absolutely not." My jaw snapped open and I raise my brows. Absolutely not? "What!?" I shout at the woman who gulped down her water with a shrug. "David is a really really sweet guy, but I'm just not ready for anything serious and I have a kid who needs my help adjusting to this world."

I roll my eyes. It's all such bull. "Mama seriously? Don't you want to at least kiss him?" I question. Noni chuckles with a roll of her eyes. "You sound just like Jane. Look Millie, I'm just not into all that kissing and hand holding stuff. I guess you could say that I don't like doing what normal couples do, I just like having a best friend so things don't get too complicated. Sure it would be nice to get married and stuff, but I can do all of that some other time. I'm dead, I have an eternity to do anything I want."

I sigh. I guess Noni is right. Maybe I shouldn't force this on her and just let her do whatever makes her happy. At least she got to hang out with David and they know each other a little better now. "Enough about me. I wanna talk to you about your little friend in the real world." She teased as she leans over the counter to talk to me. I smile shyly and just look down at my lap. "What about him?" I ask. The woman with dark hair giggles madly before asking me a series of questions. "Do you like him? Have you two ever been on a date? Is that why you talk about him so much? Oh my god have you two kissed!? I mean I don't care, I'm such a cool parent. Am I cool parent?"

"Yes mama you're a very cool parent." Is all I reply to. Noni is like a teenager sometimes. The lady smiled happily. "So tell me more about Finn." She pleads. I playfully roll my eyes with a scoff. I don't understand how she finds my weird obsession with Finn Wolfhard so fascinating. "Well...I do like Finn. He's a very sweet boy and he can actually tolerate me and my craziness." I start off. Wynona rests her elbows on the counter then placed her chin in her hands as I went on.

"I've-...I've never kissed him on the lips before, but I once kissed him on the cheek and I gave him a hug on his birthday. I really wish I did kiss him before I died. I bet he taste like nerds. Nerds are his favorite candy." I said with a big goofy grin. Noni nods with a small hum. I've never talked about this kind of stuff to anyone, not even my friends. Nobody knows that I like Finn besides Wynona. I could never talk about liking boys to my mom because she'd freak out and tell me that I'm too young to know what it's like to have feelings. Noni is a better mom than my own biological mother.

"Well...I know that he likes you too." Wynona tells. I raise an eyebrow at her and shake my head in disbelief. "What? He doesn't, trust me. I mean who would like me of all people?" I scoff. The woman with dark hair chuckles dryly. I seriously don't think Finn likes me. What's there to like? I'm dead. "Oh Millie, you're totally oblivious. The way he mourns after you and talks to you, he adores you. You're in his dreams and he even writes little love letters to you." Finn has always written love letters, even when I was alive. Not to anyone in particular I don't think.

-"Whatcha got there, dol-finn?" I ask the boy who sat on the sofa writing in his journal that I got him for his birthday. He slammed it shut once I sat right next to him. "Homework. I'll just go take it upstairs." He excuses himself and rushes out of the basement, leaving me with the rest of our friends who played Uno while sitting in a circle on the floor. I sighed as I watched him run up the stairs then look down at where he was sitting before. There was a piece of paper that had fallen out of his notebook. It was full of his pretty hand writing. I pick it up and read it to myself

To the pretty girl that makes my heart skip a beat every time I see her,

Do you even know what you do to me? Do you know that you're pretty wavy brown hair makes me smile when when the wind blows through it? Are you aware that you're big bambi eyes make me blush when they look into mine? Do you understand how bad I want to caress your soft round cheeks and kiss your pretty pink lips gently? You make the world stop spinning when you're in the same room as me. I never knew I was capable of feeling this way towards someone at this age, it absolutely blows my mind.

From, a boy who's madly in love

I smile at this little poem he's written. I wonder who he's talking about.-

"...Oh my god...Finn Wolfhard is in love with me too!"

----------------------

Awwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee!!!!

You guys are really gonna like the next chapter.❤️