The Memories

Finn's POV

As soon as I got home from school, I went straight to my room and saw some of my stuff out of place. A couple books on the shelf were out of place, my bed had shifted, a drawer from my nightstand was open and a couple things were missing from inside. Did my parents do this? Why would they go through my stuff while I was at school?

I kept my backpack on incase one of them decided to sneak in and go through my bag while I talk to them. I went downstairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch reading a romance novel and my dad was in his lay-z-boy sleeping. They're probably pretending. Mom looks up at me with a fake smile. "Hey Finn, how was school today?" She asks. What is going on around here? "Did you go in my room while I was at school?" I question.

Mom sighs in defeat and closes her book. She pat the empty spot on the couch next to her for me to sit. My dad suddenly "woke up" from his nap as I went to take a seat next to mother. The woman put an arm around me in a comforting way, but I still didn't like it. Why would she go through my stuff? "Finn... I know these past few months have a been a little hard for you because of what happened in May, but Millie is gone."

So this is all about Millie. This is all about me mourning after her. I know I'm not handling it in the best way, but Mr.Modine says that grief is a natural thing and everyone goes through it at least once in their life. "I know it's hard to understand, but it's the truth. She can't come back. Now your father and I might have not been too great at helping you get through this thing, but that's why we decided to email an online therapist yesterday and ask her how we could help you get over Millie. She recommended that we go in your room and around our house and get rid of anything that would remind you of her." Mom explains.

I raise my eyebrows and my eyes grew wide. Who-...WHY would someone even think that was okay!? I felt like breaking down and crying right there. How could my parents do this to me? "Son, please don't cry. It was the right thing to do." My dad adds in. The right thing to do? The right thing to do would have been to just be there for me, not to take my things behind my back. The things Millie gives me are special, even if it's a small piece of garbage. Why would they do this to me?

"Where is everything?" I ask, my voice cracking while a tear fell from my eye. My mom shakes her head. "We can't tell-" "Shut up and just tell me where the hell you put my things!" I shout as I jump up from the couch. My parents look at me in shock. I don't normally curse at them, but they've deeply upset me. I just need my things back. Her things back. "Finn, don't speak to us like that." Dad warns me in a very stern tone as he holds his bandaged arm.

I was getting impatient. What if they've already thrown it all out? What if they sold it all? I stomp away from them and to the garage, ignoring their calls. I turn on the light and see a big cardboard box sitting in the corner by my dad's tool shelf. Inside the box had a few things that Millie had given me over the years such as a stuffed toy dog holding a Christmas tree that she gave me at her family's Christmas Eve party when I was ten, a framed picture of her and I on her thirteenth birthday, as well as her purple sweatshirt she left over here a year ago that I never returned to her. It smells just like her peach perfume she used to wear.

I stomp towards the box and pick it up carefully before running out of the garage as fast as I could and up the stairs to my room. "Finn Wolfhard you come down here right now or we're grounding you!" Mother screams up the stairs before I slam my door shut and lock it. I was sobbing as I just stood there in my room holding the box and looking into it. I can't believe they would actually try to get rid of everything she's ever given me. I think my parents received horrible advice. If someone misses a girl they love very very much, you don't just get rid of everything that reminds them of her.

I sat the box down on my bed and picked up that purple sweater and the toy dog. I held everything close to me as I lied down and curled up on my bed. I inhaled the smell of the sweatshirt and mentally pray for her. It's almost like she's right here with me. "Did it work?" I hear her voice. I pinch my eyebrows together. I miss her so much I could hear the sound of her little British voice. "I don't know, I've never actually done this before. I like to stay invisible." An older woman's voice spoke. What the hell?

I sat up in my bed and open up my eyes to look around my room. I saw two people standing by my bedroom door. One was a very short woman wearing a black dress holding an iPad and the other one... it's her. "M-Millie?" I spoke up in disbelief. The brunette stares at me in shock. How can I see her? She's dead. "Finn." She breathed out before running towards me and hoping on my bed to give me a tight hug. Her skin was as cold as ice, but I didn't mind. My prayers have been answered once again.

"Oh god I missed you so damn much!" She cries as she still had her arms around me and was laying on top of me. I just hug her back and smell her hair. She still smelled like sweet fresh peaches. The brunette let's go of me with a sniffle and climbs off of me. She begins to giggle as I sat up with a huge smile. "I missed you so much. I missed everyone, you have no idea." She said. I wipe away some of my tears as I take a good look at her.

Her skin was very pale and her eyes were no longer full of life. It's because she's still dead. I frown a little. "Y-you're dead still?" I asked. Millie's smile dropped and she nodded slowly. "Yes, but I read th-this book that Noni gave me when I died a-and it told me all about making myself visible to the living so we wouldn't have to talk through that stupid ouija board. Isn't that so cool?" She exclaims. I furrow my eyebrows at the mention of this Noni person. "Who's Noni?" I inquired. Millie smiled and looked over to the woman standing by my bedroom door. I glance over at her and she waves.

"Hi, I'm Wynona, but you can call me Noni. I'm Millie's guardian angel. Well, not really, I'm actually like her after life parent, but I like to consider myself to be her guardian-" "She's my spirit mom." Millie interjects. I nod and look back at the girl who sits on my bed in front of me. I'm so shocked I don't even know what to say. It's been so long since I've seen her or talked to her. I start to cry again and pull her into another hug. Still cold, but I don't care.

----------------------

THEY REUNITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Omg they finally see each other! I told you all to be patient.

Also I'm busy this weekend and won't be back till Wednesday so I'm updating a few books today yw.

What is the fourth stage of grief?
(Remember that you get a shout out if you guess the right answer)👻