Chapter One: The Student Becomes a Teacher

(Y/N)= Character's first name

(L/N)= Character's last name

(E/C)= Eye color

(H/C)= Hair color

(H/L)= Hair length

(S/C)= Skin color

(F/C)= Favorite color

(F/D)= Favorite drink/preferred drink

(C/N)= City's name

(Y/N) POV:

My heart pounds rapidly and heavily against my chest as I pull my vehicle into the familiar, uncanny, vacant parking lot of Here School.

At first glance, it would appear that the school hadn't changed much since I last attended there.

Besides the parking lot being filled with potholes and the surrounding vegetation in desperate need of a trim, the building's outer stone walls were still painted a cheap, pasty white, along with the same little, white fence that surrounded the school.

Up in the front, the school's double doors were still their bright, vibrant golden yellow, and the overhang above the doors was still its dull, rusted green.

It's oddly mystical in a strange way. It's as if the property itself was frozen in time, or like I had never left.

I let out a nervous and shaky sigh that I was unaware I was holding in while parking my car in a stall closest to the school's front, double yellow doors.

I'm scared, and I have every right to be.

Today is my first day teaching a class all on my own, and to make matters even worse, my lessons are going to be held here, at Here school.

The same school that I had promised myself eight years ago I would never return to.

Yet, after all of this time and after everything this school has put me through, I find myself returning to it.

Unwillingly of course, but I didn't have much of a choice.

Here School was my only option, as there was no one else in (C/N) hiring entry-level science teachers.

It was distasteful, but I had to accept the position; lest I want to be homeless that is.

To add insult to injury, the teaching position I applied for, was for this summer only!

Nothing at all permanent like the application had listed!

At first, this kinda irked me. I mean come on, this is Here school we're talking about here! The same school that can't seem to keep its students nor faulty any longer than a semester, enforces corporal punishment, and has employed a lone, sadistic math teacher named Baldi!

Or at least, I hope he still isn't employed here.

Shivering at the thought of my former teacher still working here, I feel myself subconsciously begin to wrap my arms around my scarred, fragile body and close my eyes tightly, as memories of Baldi and his stupid ruler returned to torment my mind.

God, the things that man did to me; all because I got a simple math problem wrong from time to time.

It was insane.

He was insane.

I let out a shaky breath that I was unaware I was holding in and reopen my teary-filled, (E/C) eyes.

"Shh, easy now (Y/N); calm down" I reassure myself, "It's been a whole eight years since you last attended here! He's probably long gone by now. There's no need to worry; he can't hurt you anymore."