Chapter Sixteen: Nonexistence

Player's POV:

"Come on, come on." I whisper to myself as I stare up at the clock impatiently, watching as the seconds tick on by.

"Come on!" I yell.

As if it heard me, the clock's bell abruptly chimes to my delight, and like a bat out of hell, I burst through the detention room door and out into the hallway, sprinting back from whence I came. 

"Ms. Levi/Kohl!" I call out as I race down the halls. "Ms. Levi/Kohl?!"

I stop at a three way intersection of the school, looking left and right, straining my hearing for either the sound of Ms. Levi/Kohl voice and/or Mr. Baldi's ruler.

There's no response.

I grit my teeth in frustration, and turn to the right, sprinting down the hallway and taking a sharp left around the next corner, heading back to the front entrance where I had left her, continuing to call out her name. 

She still doesn't answer. 

Upon arriving to the missing front doors, I notice that Ms. Levi/Kohl was missing, along with Mr. Baldi.

Oh no... 

"Ms. Levi/Kohl?!" I call out in a more frightened and worried manner. "Please answer me!" 

I receive no response.  

I growl and clench my fists together, slamming one of them against the door's map. 

Damn it, Mr. Baldi must've gotten a hold of her! Now what am I going to do?

Silencing my thoughts, a loud, ear piercing ringing begins echoing throughout the school from the loud speakers, making the whole school shake tremendously.

I yelp in pain and fright as I bend down, clutching my ears and shutting my eyes tight.

The abrupt and deafening tone goes on for a complete minute before calming down and turning into a normal sounding school bell. 

I open my eyes and stand back up, looking around in complete shock.

The school, it was back to normal, like I had reset the game.

The front door was back, the hallways were white, and everything was all calm and still again.

W-what the hell? Did I reset? No, no, no, that's not possible, I didn't even finish his game! 

I continue to look around, quickly noticing that something was missing, or at the very least, didn't feel quite right.

Wait a minute. Where's Mr. Baldi? At the beginning of the day or a reset, he's always at these front doors, ready to greet anyone who walks through them. 

So, where is he?

Curious, I decide to head to Mr. Baldi's classroom, figuring that the previous bell either meant that his class had begun, or will begin in five minutes. 

I walk down the hallway and head into the right 99 classroom, where I see within, my classmates, all patiently waiting at their desks for Mr. Baldi's arrival.

Hmm, I wonder if either of them know where Mr. Baldi is. Or where Ms. Levi/Kohl is for that matter.

I walk into the classroom.

"Hey guys." I greet. 

They all turn to look at me, seemingly surprised that I had spoken. 

"Oh hey Player!" Playtime cheers while beckoning me over, "What's up?"