Chapter Seventeen: For You

(Y/N)'s POV:

I take a small sip of water as I finish up my meal and lean up against the wall next to the blood stained mattress. By my count, it's been roughly an hour since Baldi had left me here; all alone in this silent prison with nothing to do besides eat, drink, and ponder. 

Prior to him leaving me, Baldi had cleaned up the room and bandaged my wrists and ankles, making sure I was comfortable before he left. It was nice of him, but despite his kind gestures, I knew deep down that he didn't actually care, he was obsessed! Obsessed with me and my scarred, delicate little body.

I hum in agreement to that thought as I look down towards my sore, throbbing left shoulder.

Yeah, obsessed is a good word for it. 

I sigh as I return to my previous thoughts, pondering my escape and how I'll achieve it, along with a few questions I had for Baldi.

Such as:

Where was I?

Why did he kidnap me?

How long has he had these feelings for me?

And where on Earth did he get his powers?! Has he always had them?!

I breathe out another heavy sigh as I rub my temples. 

Too many questions, and too little answers. 

I scratch my head and brush my hair through my fingers. 

Calm down (Y/N), let's not worry about Baldi right now. Let's worry about getting out of here. 

Now, how am I going to do that?

I look down towards my bandaged and cuffed right leg. Brute force obviously wasn't going to be the answer to this dilemma; Baldi has already proven he's stronger than me.

I hum in thought.

Maybe I could try being stealthy and take away his keys from him while he isn't looking?

I shake my head.

Nah, that wouldn't work either. He's too smart for that. Think (Y/N), think!

I bring my dominant hand up to my chin, as I continue to hum in thought.

Wait a second, I got it! He mentioned earlier that he wouldn't let me roam free until he trusts me. If I can just be patient and kind enough, I should be able to gain his trust in no time, right?

I sigh.

Hopefully, I mean, it's worth a shot. What's the worst that can happen?

I nervously chuckle to that thought and to many unimaginable scenarios playing throughout my head. 

These thoughts are cut short however, when I begin to hear light footsteps and humming approach from the distance. 

It sounded like Baldi had returned from his trip. 

"Oh (Y/N)!" Baldi calls out in a sing song like voice, "I'm back! And I got you a present!" 

I scoff as I set aside my plate. 

Better be some damn clothes.

I carefully stand back up as I hear a few clicks come from the locked door in front of me. 

The locks all rotate, one by one, in a single direction with a small click as Baldi unlocks the door with his jiggling keys. He turns the door knob, and pushes the door open with a slight creak after unlocking it to reveal himself standing behind the doorway with a warm smile and two white, plastic bags held in each hand.