Chapter Eight: Tell Me More

(Y/N)'s POV

Walking into Mr. Baldi's classroom, I felt extremely uncomfortable and completely out of place.

This was likely due to my current status as a teacher rather than a student, but then again, my feelings of unease could simply be tied to the room in itself.

Everything in his classroom -ranging from the colorless walls, to the orderly and well-kept desks, and lack thereof of childish banter- all eerily remind me of my previous days attending Here School.

Pretty much like everything else in this school, this room appears to be frozen in time too; seemingly trapped in the past as if I had never left in the first place.

A prime example of this would be my old desk in the back of Baldi's classroom; which is surprisingly still here!

It's currently void of a new student, but it still holds the many familiar stains, dents, and scratches carved into its wooden tabletop.

When I noticed my former desk, I couldn't help but stop and stare at it for a few moments; losing myself in the memories of those familiar dents, stains, and scratches.

Although it may not seem like it, each and every one of those marks engraved into its tabletop, identify key, distinct memories from my childhood.

Memories of profound abuse that not only line up with specific scars adorning my body, but define me as a person.

Hell, if you want to get technical, this whole classroom in itself -excluding Baldi's office- is the source of where I was forced to conform into the woman I am today!

It's no wonder why I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable and completely out of place! I want to get away from this accursed classroom and its unforgiving memories, but I know better than that!

I have to stick around for the sake of the kids!

After taking a few deep breaths to calm my unsteady nerves, I slowly ease myself back into the familiarity of Mr. Baldi's classroom and approach the madman himself.

We keep our conversation to a minimum; discussing only his lesson plan and how he'd like me to mentor his students.

He thought it would be best if we split the classroom in two; assigning me to work with Playtime and Player for the remainder of the class period, while he took on Bully and First Prize himself.

I felt that this was a fair judgment and got straight to work mentoring Playtime and Player for those remaining twenty minutes.

To the best of my abilities, I tried to show Player and Playtime how Mr. Baldi wants them to solve his equations in a step-by-step orderly fashion.

It wasn't easy, but slowly, yet surely, they both started to get the hang of decoding Baldi's numbers and formulas; only sharing repeated difficulty with reorganizing the equation back into its original form and understanding me speak in Baldi's foreign mathematical tongue.

Bully and First Prize, on the other hand, had gotten nowhere with Baldi's help.

To make matters even worse, Baldi tried to hit them with his ruler too!

Of course, when Baldi tried, I stepped in and purposely got in the way of his strike path; ultimately gaining his undivided attention.

With his focus no longer on the children but rather on myself, I offered to solve and show the children how I solved his equation, in exchange for their punishment being revoked.

Originally, Baldi didn't want to oblige with this offer and preferred to punish the children instead.

However, after a bit more convincing, Baldi eventually agreed and let me solve his equation for them.