Chapter Three: Meeting the Curious Class

(Y/N) POV

I let out a satisfied and slightly exhausted sigh as I set down the last box of school and office supplies onto the ground beside my desk.

Whew! There, all done. Man, those boxes sure were a lot heavier than I thought. Maybe I should've asked the Principal earlier for some help when it came down to moving these bad boys in from my car. Then again, the man sure did seem busy, and I'm sure Baldi would've insisted that he'd be the one to help me, if the Principal said no. 

I shiver at the thought of spending more time with Baldi and him potentially going through my personally belongings.

Ugh. Oh yeah, it probably was a good idea that I didn't ask for help - despite me probably needing it. Oh well, best not to dwell on the past. I've got work to do. The only question remaining now is:

Where do I start?

Pulling me away from my thoughts before I can come to a conclusion, I turn my attention away from the room itself and towards the doorway, when I begin to hear a mechanical whirring noise echo from down the hall.

Curious on what it could be, since it couldn't possibly be a student wandering the halls during this hour, I walk over to the doorway and take a peak outside. 

While hanging back in the doorway, I direct my eyes over to the left side of the hallway, where I hear the noise emitting from, and train my eyes onto the object that appeared to be stuck rocking back and forth into the wall by the corner. 

My eyes widen in surprise. 

It was a strange, humanistic looking robot; built out of teal PVC piping and wired up to be powered by a giant, red heart battery in the center of it. It was by far, one of the most bizarre, and fascinating things I've ever seen in this school.

Fueled by my curiosity and need to help the poor little robot, as I continue to watch it struggle against the wall, I step outside the comfort of my classroom and walk down the hallway towards the troublesome robot. 

"Hey little buddy!" I call out as I cautiously, yet happily approach it, "Do you need help? You look like you're stuck." 

The strange robot is alarmed by my presence, and darts it's curious head over in my direction. I stop my approach short when I notice it's apprehensive nature, and decide to slowly crouch down to it's level a few feet away from it, to ease it's artificial anxiety.

Now being closer and at it's relative height, I'm able to better distinguish it's peculiar features as it stared back at me with curious, crossed black eyes. 

Up close, my assumptions of the robot's build are proven to be correct. They are indeed built out of PVC piping and are powered by a battery in the shape of a giant, red heart, but those weren't the only extraordinary things I was correct about. Their face, it was humanistic. They were given a bald head like Baldi's, bright and wide black eyes, and a gaping square mouth as well. Not only that, but they were also given giant, outstretched human hands too!

What in God's name? What is this robot doing out here in the hallways? Wait, what even is it's purpose for being in this school that matter? This poor thing looks like it was built by a child's twisted imagination! 

After a few moments of silence with me lost in my thoughts and it's eyes, I extend a kind and patient smile in it's direction; to show that I meant it no harm.

"Hey little buddy, are you okay?" I ask again as I continue to scan over it's interesting facial features, "Do you need some help turning around?"