Chapter Twenty Three: Giving In

(Y/N)'s POV:

As I sat there on the cold, hard concrete floor, waiting for Baldi's return, I can't help but wonder if what I said was true.

Did I really love him?

No, that couldn't be true, right?

After everything Baldi's done to me I should be hating him, not loving him!

Yet, here I was, unable to deny what Baldi said was true.

I do enjoy his way of affection. 

I enjoy his touches, kisses, and how much he cares for me. He's like, the man I've always dreamed of having. Well besides the kidnapping part.

I sigh and look down towards my stomach, picturing the child growing inside me.

Baldi had run to the store to grab some pregnancy tests, to confirm his findings that I was indeed pregnant. The idea of being pregnant with his child, disturbed me on a whole new level, yet filled my heart with excitement.

I was creating life! That was a miracle right? To create life from DNA from both Baldi and I?

I sigh at the pleasant reminder of the time Baldi and I made love in the showers. 

I wonder if that's around the time I conceived his child? Or was it during that one day, after he...

I shiver and shake my head, clearing my head of the nasty thoughts of Baldi violating me in his bedroom. 

Stop it brain, he didn't violate me. He made love to me. He said it himself. He loves me.

I sigh happily at the reminder of Baldi whispering those sweet three words to me in the showers.

Man, Baldi sure is dreamy. 

I shake my head, completely caught off guard by my own thoughts.

What the hell, 'he's dreamy'?! Is this my hormones talking or is it...

I pause, the realization of my worst fears coming true.

Oh dear God, I am in love with him!

As if it were on cue, I overhear beyond the bedroom door, footsteps approach my location.

It was Baldi.

My heart flutters at the sound of him humming Here school's theme song as he unlocks the door. My body growing anxious and excited to see him.

He opens up the door and steps in with a brown paper bag in his hands. My heart beats faster as he smiles down upon me.

"Ah sweetheart! I'm glad to see you're awake. I got the pregnancy tests you wanted!" Baldi proclaims prior to rummaging around in the paper bag and taking out one of the many tests. "I got the best ones you can get on the market. Although they weren't very cheap, I could careless. I'd give anything for our little one growing inside you."

I shiver at the reminder of my potential pregnancy, but remain impressed that he actually went out and got the most expensive pregnancy tests he could find. 

He's a dedicated man, I'll give him that.

Baldi sets down the bag of goodies next to the door and walks over to me, his eyes shining brightly with hope. I adjust myself and sit up more against the wall as he approaches and kneels down in front of me. 

"W-what, what kind of tests did you get Baldi?" I ask, "B-blood? Urine?" 

He smiles at my curiosity.