Chapter Eighteen: Let's Play a Game

(Y/N)'s POV:

I open the brightly, green door to Mr. Baldi's office, and peer inside, spotting him immediately at his desk a few feet away. He looks up from his paperwork and locks his eyes onto me. 

He frowns. 

I clear my throat and step inside, shaking nervously at the knees as I do so.

"H-hello Mr. Baldi," My younger self stutters, "Y-you wanted to s-see me?" 

He remains unmoving, sitting at his desk with his hands cupped in front of him and staring at me with his intense, brown angry eyes. 

He motions with his right hand for me to come sit down in a chair in front of his desk.

"Sit." He commands.

Not wanting to upset him any further, I eagerly nod and step forward, stopping in front of the chair to sit down. 

Once seated, I look up towards Mr. Baldi and lock my innocent (E/C) eyes back onto his own intense brown ones, waiting to hear any further instructions. 

Mr. Baldi deeply sighs and stands up from his desk, grabbing his ruler in the process and placing it behind his back. 

He begins to walk around from behind his desk and stride over to me, slowly and with dangerous intent.

"Ms. (L/N), do you know why I called for you to come down here?" He asks.

I shake my head. 

"No sir, I don't." I reply, slowly growing more anxious by the second as he draws closer.

"Oh? You don't? Well would you like to know?" Baldi asks, stopping to lean against the front of his desk with his ruler held in his hands. 

I nervously nod, eager to know why he wanted to see me after school. 

He continues to stare at me, unmoving in the slightest. 

"Your grades have dropped in my class Ms. (Y/N); you're failing." He hisses. 

I nervously gulp, and begin to slightly shake. 

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Baldi. I didn't mean to-"

He smacks his ruler against his desk, startling me and silencing my excuse. 

I dart my head back down towards the floor, whimpering in fear as my eyes fill to the brim with tears.

He stands back up from his desk and approaches me, his right hand wielding the wooden ruler I so desperately feared.

I prepare myself and tense up my body, anticipating his oncoming blows, but they never come. 

Instead, he stops in front of me and chuckles, seemingly amused by how terrified I was of him.

He stoups down low and locks his dark, brown eyes onto my own. I lose myself within them and shiver, growing more fearful of what he was planning on doing to me as punishment. 

He smirks, his warm breath brushing against my face as he stands back up, his ruler in hand, smacking impatiently. 

"Let's play a little game (Y/N)." Mr. Baldi offers.

I dart my head back up and look at him in surprise. 

"A-A game sir?" I ask confused. "What kind of game?"

He hums with a nod and walks around behind me.

"Yes, a game (Y/N). A simple math game, like our tutoring sessions, except with a twist." Baldi explains.