Chapter Twenty Four: Out of Time

Player's POV: 

After being dropped off at school by the bus, I find myself standing back, away from Here school's front double yellow doors in fright. 

Filename2 had contacted me a few days ago while I was at home playing sick. He had reached out to me in a dream saying that I had to come back to Here school immediately. He didn't say why, other than that supposedly something major had changed while I was gone.

I hope everything's alright. 

Building up some courage from within me, I step forward and outstretch my hand towards the doors, feeling the cold steel of the handle in my palm. I push the doors open with a small creek and step inside, expecting to hear Mr. Baldi's particular greeting, but instead all I'm greeted by is silence. A creepy, unfitting silence. 

I shiver nervously and rub both my arms in apprehension. 

Where is everyone? Is this what Filename2 meant earlier? Was this the change? 

The door behind me shuts with a click as I anxiously step forward, deeper into the school's labyrinth. I decide to head to class to avoid further delay and punishment, and walk up to Mr. Baldi's classroom. 

I wasn't sure what to expect when I gently push open the doors. 

I peer inside and anxiously dart my eyes around the room. 

There was no one in sight.

What the hell? Where is everyone?

Answering my question, the door behind me shuts with a slam and I flinch. I quickly turn around, and come face to face with a particular angry, bald man with a ruler in his hands. 

Mr. Baldi. 

"So, you've finally come back. What took you so long Player?" Mr. Baldi asks as he taps his ruler in his hand.

I nervously gulp and take a few steps away from him. I didn't like where this conversation was heading.

"I-I was sick sir. Very sick. I came down with p-pneumonia." I lie.

Mr. Baldi quickly catches onto my lie and he growls, seemingly unamused with it. 

"Don't lie to me Player." Mr. Baldi growls as he steps forward, his ruler slapping impatiently in his hands.

"I'm not lying sir. I was really sick." I persist. 

He frowns as I continue to lie.

"Honest Mr. Baldi, you can even ask my parents." I continue, "I was bedridden for days." 

Mr. Baldi humphs, clearly still suspicious of me and my obvious lie.

"I don't believe you." He growls, "But I am going to look into this. Starting with your parents." 

I gulp as he continues to stare me down. I was beyond screwed. 

He motions with his head towards the desks. 

"Take a seat, class will be beginning shortly." Mr. Baldi explains.

I eagerly nod and quickly take a seat, setting my school bag down next to the desk and grabbing a pencil. 

As I sat there, waiting for class to start, Mr. Baldi went up to his desk and sat down waiting patiently for the other students to arrive. While I'm waiting along with him, I quickly recall my mission and anxiously look back towards the classroom door. 

I need to get out of here. I need to find Filename2. 

"Something on your mind Player?" Mr. Baldi abruptly asks.