Chapter Nine: Repressed Emotions

(Y/N)'s POV:

Walking back to my classroom with Mr. Baldi has been less than ideal so far.

For starters, Baldi had pulled me in close like last time; holding me tightly against him with one of his hands resting firmly on the edge of my hip, securing me in place against his warm, lean torso.

It's unsettling, and as much as I'd prefer to push him off or give him a piece of my mind, I don't dare to defy him.

I've already pushed my luck this morning and in the halls right before lunch.

Trying to resist or protest against him any further will only lead to more trouble than what it's worth.

It is quite bothersome, to say the least; allowing him to touch and walk all over me, but it's better this way.

I rather deal with this than an upset or suspicious Baldi.

Although, I have to admit it is strange.

I don't understand why Baldi's been acting like this around me; being all touchy-feely and whatnot.

It's quite unlike him to be warm towards anyone, let alone a "newbie" or a "stranger".

Which makes me beg the question:

Is there seriously something else going on here besides a friendly co-worker relationship?

I subtly shiver at the thought.

I would certainly hope not! Those boys better be wrong in their assumptions!

Except, I can't help but reflect on what Bully said earlier in his note.

"We've all seen how he looks and behaves around you."

It's an oddly specific observation he decided to point out, and he certainly isn't wrong!

Baldi has been acting differently towards me; in a similar way to when we initially met eight years ago, but it wasn't this close or affectionate.

If I didn't know any better, I'd argue Baldi's strange behavior is tied to a certain level of attraction!

My heart frantically speeds up at the off-putting thought.

No, no, no! Don't think like that!

Baldi's a cold-hearted bastard who only thinks about himself and no one else!

He's probably being too overly friendly!

Either that or maybe the Principal put him up to this; to ensure I stay with Here School after witnessing Baldi's abusive behavior?

Who knows!

Whatever the case may be, I refuse to believe Baldi's attracted to me!

It's a ridiculous notion!

Subtly shaking myself out of my thoughts, Baldi and I continue to walk back to my classroom in silence.

After rounding a nearby corner, which leads us back to my colorful classroom, a part of me can't help but shake the feeling that we're being watched.

Curious and while remaining in Baldi's arms, I turn my head around to glance back behind us; half expecting to see someone familiar watching and/or following us from afar.

Instead, I find myself spotting something completely out of the ordinary at the end of the hallway.

There's a man; an armless, glitching man with brown hair and eye. He's wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans and is staring at us intently from afar.