4. "Oooh! Maybe you can be his Queen!"

Monday, October 15, 2018

"You ready for this?" Avery questions me as we sit outside of the school in her car.

"Honestly ... No, but I don't think I ever will be. So I just have to bite the bullet and deal with it." I still can't believe what Chad did to me and now I have to be in the same school as him for the next year and a half.

"Well then let's get it there and show him what he lost, because girl you look fine in those skinny jeans and off the shoulder blouse, like zamn girl" Hunter snaps her fingers in a Z shape.

"See you got my girlfriend's highest praises, who needs ugly little Chad's opinion?" Avery gushed. We got out of the car and locked our arms together, walking to the school.

"Oh! If you see Mystery boy let us know!"

"Trust me Avery, if I see him you and Hunter will be the first to know." All three of us giggle. Reaching the large double doors of the school I take a deep breath and we walk inside.

"Do you see him?" Avery whispers.

"Girl we just walked in the door, and no I haven't seen him yet."

❁❁❁  

First period has always been the worst, one it is early in the morning, two this year it is the ever dreaded algebra. Mr. Mathis is going through polynomial equations when the door swings open drawing the eyes of everyone in the room. There stand Mystery Boy, his eyes scanning the room. When his eyes reach me his lips girl up ever so slightly.

"Um... Excuse me! Are you Joel King?" Mr. Mathis questions the handsome boy at the front of the room.

"Yeah" So, his name is Joel. I have to tell the girls.

"You are twenty minutes late Mr. King!" 

"Yeah so?"

"Well I don't know how things were done at your old school, but here we show up to class on time." Mathis scolds Mystery Boy a.k.a Joel King.  

"Whatever."

"Please sit here Mr.King. " Mr. Mathis points to a seat at the front of the room.

"The back is just fine, I think I'll go there." Joel strolls to the back of the room while Mr. Mathis just rolls his eyes.

I pull my phone out underneath my desk to text Avery and Hunter.