8. "It is! I can't stand another episode of Paw Patrol."

One Week Later

One Week Later

"We're gonna get you better." Avery sniffles through her tear-soaked eyes, I know she's been where I am right now and I know rehab helped her so maybe it will help me too.

"Will you be able to visit?"

"No, but Hunter and I will write you letters to send with Maverick, along with some pictures that you can hang on the wall." 

"Alright, Ms. Mackenzie it is time to go." A big burly nurse states.

"See you later Avery, see you later Maverick. I love you both, tell Hunter that I love her too." I sniffle as I hug my family.

"Don't worry I will!" Avery waves good-bye, tears brim her tired eyes.

❁❁❁  

The ride to the rehab center wasn't so bad since I got to pick the music, but the check-in process was tiring. Since I'm 17 there were a lot of papers that I had to sign myself and everything else was pre-signed by Maverick. A nurse took me to my room, which was bland and empty except for two beds, two units with 4 large cubbyholes, and two desks; one of each for me and one of each for my roommate. The nurse dumps my clothes on "my" bed and leaves the room.

"Great now I have to re-fold this shit." I mutter under my breath.

"I know some of the nurses here are dicks." I jump, not expecting someone to be there. I turn around to see a beautiful girl with long tan legs and cascading black, wavy hair.

"I'm City." The girl plops herself on "my" bed and starts helping me fold my clothes.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." 

"I know but the roommate I had before you did it for me so I'm going to do it for you. Y'know pass it along and shit."

"Ok, thank you."

"No problem. So what is your name?"

"Oh, I'm Maia."

"Ooh Maia, I like that name. Pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Aww, thanks!"

"It's the truth."

"Well, you are very pretty too." She blushes, then her eyes widen.

"Oh, I should probably warn you that we are only allowed to watch kiddy shows on the T.V in the common area."

"That sounds awful."

"It is! I can't stand another episode of Paw Patrol." We both giggle as we finish folding my clothes. 

The rest of the night we talked about random things. Like our favorite celebs, City's were Mila Kunis, James Franco, and Maia Mitchell. Mine are Joel Courtney, Robbie Amell, and Zendaya. We also talked about what we wanted for the future; ironic right, considering I almost didn't have one.