12. "I know! I mean I don't think I heard a song from this century."

This chapter Is more of a nostalgic chapter than anything. In this chapter you get to see The HAM girls reminisce about their times on a porch swing and the memories are from different POVs.

 In this chapter you get to see The HAM girls reminisce about their times on a porch swing and the memories are from different POVs

"Alright girls, now just because this isn't your everyday run of mill school doesn't mean that you don't have to put in the work." Hunter's mom spews with faux intimidation.

"Yeah, at least we can do our work in our pajamas without worrying that people will be judging us." Hunter laughs.

"Yeah and we can go outside when we want to." 

"That's my Maia. As always the nature freak." That was Avery. Everyone breaks into back-aching laughter, including Hunter's mom.

"Alright, Alright, Let's get to work. Time for quadratic equations." There is a collective groan and we get down to business.

    ❁❁❁    

One agonizing hour later we take a 10-minute break finally relieving us from the torture that is math. 

"Maia, can I talk to you for a second?" Hunter's mom sweetly calls for my attention.

"Sure." 

"Mrs. Evans sent these over for you." Hunter's mom hands me a packet of paper with photoshop instructions. My eyes widen, I almost forgot about Mrs. Evans, she was my favorite teacher how could I forget.

"Thanks, I love these. I'll have to find a way to get in touch with Mrs. Evans, she was my favorite teacher."

"I'll give you her email, she even said that she would come here outside of school hours once a week to work with you since this is the only class that you are technically taking at the high school." I am elated that I'll still get to see Mrs. Evens.

"Thank you!"

"Now go! Enjoy your break." With that, I walk out the back door and join my friends on the porch swing.

"So, are you enjoying homeschool? I think my mom is enjoying it a little too much." 

"I mean yeah, what's not to love?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that Joel isn't here." Avery waggles her eyebrows.

"Okay, yeah that is a downside but I probably wouldn't be able to focus if he was." Giggles fill the air the air and right here is happiness. Right here with my best friends on a porch swing.

"Hey, guys remember all the memories we've made on this thing?" Avery asks and we all giggle.  We have so many memories on this porch swing. 

"Yeah like when Hunter and I became friends." I dive into my thoughts.

  ❁❁❁  

"Hey, Hunter, what are you doing out here? The party is inside." I see Hunter sitting alone on the porch swing. It looks like she is crying and I know even in my 7-year-old mind that something is upsetting her.